Colorado State Game Is 2:30 CT

We went to the big shoe in Columbus two years ago for Wisconsin-OSU. If I recall it was about an eight hour drive with an hour added going there and one subtracted coming back to allow for the time change.

One of the most putrid scenes in the B1G is the army of Nebraska red that chokes US 151 in eastern Iowa and southwest Wisconsin when the bugeaters play at Wisconsin. It's an endless army of stupidity.

In the next 10-20 years I want to hit all the B1G venues and LSU's Death Valley, Tennessee's Neyland Stadium, Husky Stadium in Seattle and a boatload of others. I got some catching up to do.

I've been to Camp Randall half a dozen times and two of them didn't involve the Hawkeyes. One was vs Northwestern and the other Minnesota. Not the same as having a dog in the fight but very enjoyable and relaxing.
Whatever you do, make sure your Penn State trip is a night game whiteout. It’s unreal. I don’t have a lot of hate for Penn State other than their bad apple coaches who are gone now, but we went in 2016 to watch the Hawks and they put on an amazing experience at night. Holy shit.

That stadium is absolutely humongous. It’s about the same capacity as Ann Arbor, but it’s 50 times louder and looks bigger too because the stands and decks are so much taller. Hated the Hawks getting beat, but hearing 110,000 people belting out Sweet Caroline (a song I normally hate) was damn impressive.

Oh and the fans were top notch. We walked all around their massive tailgate area and had people throwing food and beers at us like we were rockstars. Everyone we ran into was great and a lot of ‘em would call us over for food and selfies once they saw our gear.

Very, very small minority around the stadium who were vocal defenders of Paterno, but they are pretty easily ignored. For a visitor fan, great experience.

Whatever you do, make sure your Penn State trip is a night game whiteout. It’s unreal. I don’t have a lot of hate for Penn State other than their bad apple coaches who are gone now, but we went in 2016 to watch the Hawks and they put on an amazing experience at night. Holy shit.

That stadium is absolutely humongous. It’s about the same capacity as Ann Arbor, but it’s 50 times louder and looks bigger too because the stands and decks are so much taller. Hated the Hawks getting beat, but hearing 110,000 people belting out Sweet Caroline (a song I normally hate) was damn impressive.

Oh and the fans were top notch. We walked all around their massive tailgate area and had people throwing food and beers at us like we were rockstars. Everyone we ran into was great and a lot of ‘em would call us over for food and selfies once they saw our gear.

Very, very small minority around the stadium who were vocal defenders of Paterno, but they are pretty easily ignored. For a visitor fan, great experience.
I think I've posted this before, but Neil Diamond wrote approximately 7,821 awesome songs between 1965 and 1975 and had he known in 1969 that Sweet Caroline was going to be his signature and a ubiquitous stadium anthem he might have given that one to the Monkees instead of "I'm A Believer".

It was cool when the Miracle Season movie came out and Iowa City West students were singing it in honor of their fallen classmate however. Fun fact: Coach Bresnahan is a Cuba City alum and her mother lives two houses up the street from my mother in law. "Live Like Line" shirts still pop up occasionally at athletic events around around here.

Latest posts