Colorado QB Interested in Hawks

WinOneThisCentury

Heard through a friend who knows the family that this kid is really interested in Iowa, but I'm not sure we are recruiting him. Top rated QB in Colorado as a sophomore and he's already 6'5" and 230lbs. His name is Ryan Novak and there is tape on him on Rivals. For a young kid, he already looks like he has a strong arm.

He has USC among others giving him a look.

Curious to see how he develops over the next two years. Wants to play in a prostyle offense with all the complexities. I wonder if we are going to recruit him. Sound like he will enroll early also.

Is this kid about to be a soph or is did he just finish his soph year?

Just finished his sophomore year. Apparently lost a bunch of close games at a very good football school. I've heard nothing but good things about this kid...works hard, good head, and has a plan to get where he wants to go.

His release looks pretty quick and at that size, he is only going to get stronger. My friend says his dad really wants him to get some Iowa interest as the program and offense suits his son very well. He has been invited to some great camps also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQ-3d-RYSE"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQ-3d-RYSE[/ame]

Here is his video from last year.

Pretty good tape for a sophomore. Big kid...looks like his ball has zip too.

Wonder if the Iowa staff knows he's interested in the Hawks? He has a number of people looking at him from solid schools. Have we gotten a 2013 QB yet?

Some observations:

1) Nice touch

2) They tend to float (a problem at the FBS level, Iowa's safeties eat up QB's who float the ball)

3) Uncanny eye-hand coordination (puts it exactly where it needs to be)

4) Nice size

5) He's young; plenty of time to work on things that need fixing (i.e. staring down your receivers, floaters, etc.)

6) He should attend Iowa's football camps in years to come - win/win - his technique will be improved while developing a relationship with Hawkeye coaches.

He is going to be an early graduate from HS. 2013 grad but will graduate December 2012 so he can start college the spring of 2013

I can appreciate the QB's in the next couple classes but I will tell you that Jake Rudock is the best QB coming out of HS that I have ever personally watched. {5times}. I love this guys size and I would love to have him come to the hawks, but I am here to tell you Jake will be the name everyone will remember 20 years from now.

Agreed, Rad. I still recall watching JRudock clips and saying "this kid is a 2-star?! let's get him before he gets to too many camps and is a 4-5 star" good head, etc. looking forward to jvb, but am going to be giddy when awaiting JR's turn.

Agreed, Rad. I still recall watching JRudock clips and saying "this kid is a 2-star?! let's get him before he gets to too many camps and is a 4-5 star" good head, etc. looking forward to jvb, but am going to be giddy when awaiting JR's turn.

This. Rudock is the best high school QB that I have seen, even above Vandy when he was at Keokuk. It's great that some top QB's are giving us a look, but I want to see what Rudock can do. There hasn't been a high school QB that I've been this excited about before.

Good arm strength, terrific accuracy (while going against a lot of D1 defenders), good pocket presence, great decision-making, and he's VERY mobile. We haven't had a QB with that skill set in my lifetime. Banks/Tate/Stanzi/Vandy all have/had many of those qualities, but none have/had all of them. Banks didn't have great arm strength, but was good to great at everything else. Tate's decision-making was pretty shaky at times. Stanzi's decision-making and arm strength were weaknesses at one point or another, and he wasn't a runner like Rudock/Banks/Tate. Vandy isn't that type of runner, either, and his decision-making skills remain to be seen.

This. Rudock is the best high school QB that I have seen, even above Vandy when he was at Keokuk. It's great that some top QB's are giving us a look, but I want to see what Rudock can do. There hasn't been a high school QB that I've been this excited about before.

Good arm strength, terrific accuracy (while going against a lot of D1 defenders), good pocket presence, great decision-making, and he's VERY mobile. We haven't had a QB with that skill set in my lifetime. Banks/Tate/Stanzi/Vandy all have/had many of those qualities, but none have/had all of them. Banks didn't have great arm strength, but was good to great at everything else. Tate's decision-making was pretty shaky at times. Stanzi's decision-making and arm strength were weaknesses at one point or another, and he wasn't a runner like Rudock/Banks/Tate. Vandy isn't that type of runner, either, and his decision-making skills remain to be seen.

You guys realize that as a 2013 recruit, this kid will be 2 classes behind Rudock, right? Im as excited as anyone else to have Jake coming in, but we need to develop guys behind him...

You guys realize that as a 2013 recruit, this kid will be 2 classes behind Rudock, right? Im as excited as anyone else to have Jake coming in, but we need to develop guys behind him...

He could be two classes behind if he redshirted. But if not, then he'd be just one class behind Rudock. We're also in on guys in the 2012 class, some very high rated guys.

Does anyone know if we are recruiting this kid? I talked to someone who knows his dad real well (his dad is a College Official and works Big 12 games) and apparently he is really interested in Iowa.

My understanding is that this kid's football IQ is off the charts, doesn't hurt that his dad is a college referee. Apparently has slimmed down and is working on quickness in the pocket.

Does anyone know if we are recruiting this kid? I talked to someone who knows his dad real well (his dad is a College Official and works Big 12 games) and apparently he is really interested in Iowa.

My understanding is that this kid's football IQ is off the charts, doesn't hurt that his dad is a college referee. Apparently has slimmed down and is working on quickness in the pocket.

We aren't listed on Rivals.

Latest posts