Collin Bevins

Update:Apparently Bevins has decided to take his talent to Northwest Missouri State University according to reports. I still think something sounds weird about this. Why would a kid leave a D1 BCS conference program to play at a D2 school in the boonies of Missouri?
Maybe he wants a chance to play for a championship?

His dad said he was struggling w/ the size of Ames. Makes sense actually.
Ames is small. This coming from a kid that grew up on a farm near a town of 1k people and went to ISU. Ames is the smallest town you will find at a D1 University. There may be smaller towns, but Ames is very small.

Is that why Iowa's basketball recruiting is picking up?

CWood4, ok come on now. I expect better out of you. Lets look at the trends here, buddy.

Paul Rhoads at ISU: 2009 7-6, 2010 5-7, 2011 6-7, 2012 6-7
Fran McCaffery at Iowa: 2010 11-20, 2011 18-17, 2012 25-13

Based solely off records for present coaches that you defined, Iowa Basketball is more likely to win a championship than ISU Football.

Ames is small. This coming from a kid that grew up on a farm near a town of 1k people and went to ISU. Ames is the smallest town you will find at a D1 University. There may be smaller towns, but Ames is very small.

I agree, I am just saying that is what his dad was quoted as saying to the Ames trib.

That's all I was saying in my original post. The kid has lost his desire to put in the work that it takes to be a D1 football player. I'm sure a number of different things contributed to him making that decision. However, don't you think it's possible that some of that could be due to the fact the defense he was going to be a part of is going to be awful? I mean if he was going to be a contributor on a legitimately stout defense it would be a little more difficult to walk away from in my opinion.

If you know this kid then you can post information like this; if you don't it is just random jibberish and pure ignorance.

There could be multiple reasons for him walking away and I doubt that playing on a good or bad unit would be one of them.

Not being able to understand what his head coach is saying could be a reason.

Latest posts