College Gameday Season Preview Show on ESPN at 10am CT...

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is time for ESPN to find another role for Corso. Exactly what I'm not sure....... Desmond isn't great, but Fowler/Herbstriet balance things out and make him tolerable. Not really sure if you bring in a blog writer/dot com guy, an ex-player/coach to replace Corso or what, but I think it is time.

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is time for ESPN to find another role for Corso. Exactly what I'm not sure....... Desmond isn't great, but Fowler/Herbstriet balance things out and make him tolerable. Not really sure if you bring in a blog writer/dot com guy, an ex-player/coach to replace Corso or what, but I think it is time.

Thus making the show boring? Corso is a goof, but he's found his calling and completes the team. He makes the show AND he likes the Hawks, AND the 3 of them comprise a Big Ten allegiance. If ESPN is going to make changes it would be better served in the studio with the tools, Craig James and Jessie Palmer!

Thus making the show boring? Corso is a goof, but he's found his calling and completes the team. He makes the show AND he likes the Hawks, AND the 3 of them comprise a Big Ten allegiance. If ESPN is going to make changes it would be better served in the studio with the tools, Craig James and Jessie Palmer!

I didn't say get rid of the guy.......let him do his schtick thats fine. IMO, for the hard hitting analysis/opinions portion of the show I think age has caught up with him.

I'm not sure how you limit his role. Get rid of Desmond? Do what NBC does and put 50 people in the studio. Not sure how you would exactly do it.

Don't argue over it too much guys...ESPN has already said this will be Corso's last season. He just hasn't been the same since his stroke a couple of years ago.

Don't argue over it too much guys...ESPN has already said this will be Corso's last season. He just hasn't been the same since his stroke a couple of years ago.

My bad........completely forgot about the stroke. I thought he was 4 or 5 years removed from that............if this is his last year, then I have no problems with it.

My bad........completely forgot about the stroke. I thought he was 4 or 5 years removed from that............if this is his last year, then I have no problems with it.

It may have been that long ago, it was just something they brought up when explaining why he's slipped so much.

I don't mind Howard TOO much. He's a little biased at times, though. Fowler is fine by me as long as he doesn't try to get into analysis. He's got a great voice for the role he plays (a lot like Musberger for SNF). Herbstreit is easily my favorite analyst, at ESPN or otherwise. He almost always looks at things as objectively as possible, and just calls 'em how he sees 'em (never wears the Scarlet and Grey glasses).

If they plan to replace Corso rather than just go back to 3 guys, I think I would most prefer Ed Cunningham. Not sure if he's still with ESPN/ABC or not, but I remember he called the Capital One Bowl with Thorne when we beat LSU. He was pretty good, and I definitely like him a lot better than James or Palmer.

Latest posts