College Football Suicide Pool--Week 5

1 Nebraska
2 Penn State
3 Alabama
4 Texas A&M
5 Baylor

Just a word of advice. I fell last week with my pick of Georgia and I don't want you to fall. There's a confidence in Ames with Baylor having to walk into the Notoriously tough Jack Trice Stadium. You know what happened the last time Baylor game. Everyone over at cyfan expects a huge upset this year since CPR gets one every year. Good luck.

Just a word of advice. I fell last week with my pick of Georgia and I don't want you to fall. There's a confidence in Ames with Baylor having to walk into the Notoriously tough Jack Trice Stadium. You know what happened the last time Baylor game. Everyone over at cyfan expects a huge upset this year since CPR gets one every year. Good luck.

All you have to know is the history of the Cys'. The Cys' had their one big orgasm this year, now it is back to wet dreams and nocturnal omissions.

Week 1 Purdue
Week 2 Kansas State
Week 3 Notre Dame
Week 4 Penn State
Week 5 TCU

What's the difference between these two ? Serious. I read up on this stuff and thought I understood the basics, but not so sure now!

What if it was listed as : Baylor -21
Iowa State 69 o/u

versus:

Baylor#7(3-0)

69 O/U
Iowa State(1-2)

+21

Week 1: Notre Dame
Week 2: Kansas State
Week 3: Ole Miss
Week 4: Oregon State
Week 5: Penn State

What's the difference between these two ? Serious. I read up on this stuff and thought I understood the basics, but not so sure now!

What if it was listed as : Baylor -21
Iowa State 69 o/u

versus:

Baylor#7(3-0)

69 O/U
Iowa State(1-2)

+21

I am not positive on this, and you don't see it as often as it used to always appear when there were only 2 or 3 major houses setting lines. First off, it does not matter at all which way it is listed, it is the same bet.

So if I'm understanding your question correctly, understand that at one time, some gambling houses would designate the home team as the last team listed and put the spread next to that team [Team A vs Team B (+21)...B is the home team, and they are the underdog] and would designate it by giving or taking away the points from that home team [Team A vs Team B (-21) ...B is the home team but they are now favored to win]. Anymore, you typically only see the favored team with the spread [Team A (-21) @ Team B].

The bottom line, it is the same betting line, and also should not be confused with a moneyline.

I am not positive on this, and you don't see it as often as it used to always appear when there were only 2 or 3 major houses setting lines. First off, it does not matter at all which way it is listed, it is the same bet.

So if I'm understanding your question correctly, understand that at one time, some gambling houses would designate the home team as the last team listed and put the spread next to that team [Team A vs Team B (+21)...B is the home team, and they are the underdog] and would designate it by giving or taking away the points from that home team [Team A vs Team B (-21) ...B is the home team but they are now favored to win]. Anymore, you typically only see the favored team with the spread [Team A (-21) @ Team B].

The bottom line, it is the same betting line, and also should not be confused with a moneyline.

Thanks for the clarification COHawk. One more piece of the conversation I now understand!!:)

Latest posts