College Football Fans by State

Interesting how Mississippi is a firm boundary for IA vs WI fans, but Nebby fans bleed across the Missouri into Iowa. Stupid bugeaters.

I was actually surprised by the low ISU numbers in DSM, is almost seems 50-50 at times, this is reassuring. Iowa bleeds over to Minnesota and Illinois more than I would have anticipated. Conversely I thought Iowa would have done better in South Dakota, but Nebby dominates.

I was actually surprised by the low ISU numbers in DSM, is almost seems 50-50 at times, this is reassuring. Iowa bleeds over to Minnesota and Illinois more than I would have anticipated. Conversely I thought Iowa would have done better in South Dakota, but Nebby dominates.

DSM has always been a hawks nest especially if you watch the traffic heading back west on i-80 after a home game.

Go check the areas around Bloomington, IN like Terra Haute where the IU team doesnt even register.

Talk about apathy for your state University football team.

Western Illinois, from the Quad Cities east, has many, many great Hawkeye fans.
Why would they follow the Illini anyway?
Same with south Minnysoda..........a lot of Hawkeye fans in Minnesota.

Interesting how Mississippi is a firm boundary for IA vs WI fans, but Nebby fans bleed across the Missouri into Iowa. Stupid bugeaters.

If Iowa was located in Ames, there wouldn't be bleed on teh western edge but would be on the eastern edge. It's all due to the proximity. I also think if ISU didn't exist, Iowa would have a stronger hold on the western edge as well...

Go check the areas around Bloomington, IN like Terra Haute where the IU team doesnt even register.

Talk about apathy for your state University football team.

This only shows FBS, Indiana State is in Terra Haute and is FCS, that is why you dont see IU. Same goes for NDSU in North Dakota, SDSU in South Dakota, UNI in Iowa, etc.

Latest posts