College FB Players with kids!

Hawkcrush

Is this the new thing, kinda like having tats all over. I was watching some of the pre-game BS and they mention that Trent Richardson has 2 young daughters. It kind of struck me funny after reading that article about John Raymon last week having a kid, like yeah no big deal, just barely graduated H.S. and I am having a kid, not married or anything, but ya know. Now I am no angel, and myslef had children at the ripe age of 22, but I was forced to get a Ft job to pay for it and was married. I was just wondering how these college kids make it work. Do they just take out massive student loans to pay for all the diapers and such, or does the taxpayer get to foot the bill for that one. So if the tax payer foots Trent Richardsons bill, when he goes pro and makes millions do we get any of that back you suppose. When i had my daughter I had nothing, and worked, and then went back to school, and am still paying off student loans 10 years later (Tuition Only). Seriously, is it just not that big of deal to a younger generation to have kids or what? Soon there will be a scandle of selling kids to pay the bills. Now I must say I don't personally know these two outstanding gentlemen, and I wish them the best of luck, but there is something taking a wrong turn with a culture like that appears to be relying soley on the government to help them out. Like, I 'll have a couple kids, let grandma take care of them, play some ball, maybe get some new tats. Its disturbing.

college fb players?? are you missing the massive number of teen pregnancies? you have teen mom, pregnant at 16, and other tv shows that glorify it. unfortunately its everywhere, not just college athletes. but I hear ya, its crazy. I am 30 with no kids and I am not sure how my wife and I will afford one and we both have decent jobs.

college fb players?? are you missing the massive number of teen pregnancies? you have teen mom, pregnant at 16, and other tv shows that glorify it. unfortunately its everywhere, not just college athletes. but I hear ya, its crazy. I am 30 with no kids and I am not sure how my wife and I will afford one and we both have decent jobs.

That is my point exactly though. It is just like that generation is so descentsitized to it. Like it's no big deal. Oh, and yes I am jealous. Actually no I am not at all my kids are all 4 and over now and would not like to go back to the diaper stage. I was just wondering how many others found int weird how it seems they look at it.

Good read kinda proves my point though. No admition of making a mistake or not being married or any honesty about how things actually get paid for. I'm glad he seems to be a great father, but part of being a father is providing for your children, and not relying on anyone else to do it. Did he ever get a chance with an NFL team?

Is this the new thing, kinda like having tats all over. I was watching some of the pre-game BS and they mention that Trent Richardson has 2 young daughters. It kind of struck me funny after reading that article about John Raymon last week having a kid, like yeah no big deal, just barely graduated H.S. and I am having a kid, not married or anything, but ya know. Now I am no angel, and myslef had children at the ripe age of 22, but I was forced to get a Ft job to pay for it and was married. I was just wondering how these college kids make it work. Do they just take out massive student loans to pay for all the diapers and such, or does the taxpayer get to foot the bill for that one. So if the tax payer foots Trent Richardsons bill, when he goes pro and makes millions do we get any of that back you suppose. When i had my daughter I had nothing, and worked, and then went back to school, and am still paying off student loans 10 years later (Tuition Only). Seriously, is it just not that big of deal to a younger generation to have kids or what? Soon there will be a scandle of selling kids to pay the bills. Now I must say I don't personally know these two outstanding gentlemen, and I wish them the best of luck, but there is something taking a wrong turn with a culture like that appears to be relying soley on the government to help them out. Like, I 'll have a couple kids, let grandma take care of them, play some ball, maybe get some new tats. Its disturbing.
When Richardson goes pro and makes millions, he'll more than pay for any of the aid his children may have received in the form of taxes.

Also, who's to say that the mothers in these situations or the families of both individuals aren't chipping in and helping to take care of the child? Lot of assumptions being made by you in this thread...

When Richardson goes pro and makes millions, he'll more than pay for any of the aid his children may have received in the form of taxes.

Also, who's to say that the mothers in these situations or the families of both individuals aren't chipping in and helping to take care of the child? Lot of assumptions being made by you in this thread...

The big problem for college athletes is they put an awful lot up to chance. Richardson will likely make millions and be just fine. But all it would have taken was a good twist of the knee in the wrong direction for all of that to go down the drain. It's not a certainty for guys like him, and the majority of the athletes who have kids are not Trent Richardson. Most of them aren't looking at being top 5 draft picks.

But, this isn't just a problem with athletes.

Did you have sex before marriage? Because when you have sex, you run the risk of accidental pregnancy. I can happen to anyone who is sexually active.
The person is then faced with the decision of whether to completely change their life and have the baby, or do the cowardly thing and "legally" kill it. Not trying to hijack the thread, but it is relavent.
The only thing that seperates people who get pregnant out of marriage and others who don't is blind dumb luck, or maybe fertility and how careful they are.
Once it happens, there are a whole lot of people out there that have abortions to prevent the shame/scorn of people like you. I think it shows high character to make the decisions to have/raise the baby, and they should not be scorned for it.

Latest posts