Coker's Numbers next year

nickhawk

What kind of numbers do you think Coker can produce next year?

My guestimate:

1,600 yards and 15 TD's

He will have a quality offensive line in front of him and he is a big bruising back that I think can handle toting the rock more than 20 times a game so I think these numbers are very realistic.

I just hope he goes for 250 + and 4 TD's vs Northwestern in an absolute clobbering of the Cats - I really hate Northwestern!!!!

If Coker stays healthy and the line blocks the way they should, great things could happen.

That being said, anything over 1200 yards and 10 TDs as a Sophomore and i will be ecstatic.

He will be over 2,000 yrds next season. With an average of over 7 yrds per carry.

IF and that is a BIG IF AIRBHG doesnt strike 7yards a carry is going to be a hard feat to achieve especially with us bringing in a new qb. Teams are going to stack the box and limit his production. I say we're looking between 5.0-6.0 ypg.

For him to get 2000 yards at 6 yards a carry he would need 334 carries. Shonn only carried the ball 307 times in 2008. There is no way this kid carries the ball more than that only his true sophomore season.

Think his number is still going to be 34 isn't it?:)

images

My early guess would be about 1200-1300 yards and 12-14 tds. If he can average about 100 yards a game and at least 5 yards per carry, that would be great. I would like to see closer to 5.5 though. I think we try and get some other runningbacks experience and not have to thrust them into a close game kind of like coker had to this year. It won't always work out that well. I think we see a decent amount of DeAndre Johnson in the early games and maybe a freshman early on.

I thought he was redshirting?

But I hope he starts in 14 games next season and thats the only number I'll care about.

I am just hoping he stays healthy at this point. Will be interesting to see how he handles the season as a starter. He has a tremendous body and hopefully someone else will be able to spell him. If he does stay healthy I could see him hitting the 1,100 mark ...

I am just hoping he stays healthy at this point. Will be interesting to see how he handles the season as a starter. He has a tremendous body and hopefully someone else will be able to spell him. If he does stay healthy I could see him hitting the 1,100 mark ...

50 bucks says that Freak will make a comment on this :D

He does have a tremendous body....and a purdy mouth. Did you see that video of him after the Insight Bowl? The camera practically did an endoscopy on him! Nice arms too.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWNIkcEcFc&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Marcus Coker postgame vs Missouri[/ame]

JVB will have a say in how successful Coker is if they can't stack the box, and he stays healthy. LOOK OUT !!

800 yards and 7 touchdowns in the first four games, however since Ferentz won't trust any of his back ups he will tear his ACL on his 40th carry against ULM.

Latest posts