Coker

DeputyHawk

Is it just me or is his 1100 rushing yards so far the most quiet 1100 yards ever by an Iowa back at this point in the season? He is fifth in the country in rushing. I had no idea he was that far up there until I was looking up the NCAA stats.

Keep it going Marcus!

Part of the reason it seems so quiet is he doesn't have the flashy moves and long td runs downfield. He just pounds away at the defense breaking off chunks here and there. He also has to run all game with no backup. He's the exact kind of back Iowa likes to use, a bruiser who will move the chains and burn clock. I'm glad he's a Hawkeye:)

Is it just me or is his 1100 rushing yards so far the most quiet 1100 yards ever by an Iowa back at this point in the season? He is fifth in the country in rushing. I had no idea he was that far up there until I was looking up the NCAA stats.

Keep it going Marcus!

Considering that 523 of those yards came in the last three games, I can see why he's a bit under the radar. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain it through the end of the season.

Not sure but it seemed like Tavian Banks had some huge games early on vs. some cupcakes. I'll Google it if I get a chance. Coker has been nice of late.

Part of the reason it seems so quiet is he doesn't have the flashy moves and long td runs downfield. He just pounds away at the defense breaking off chunks here and there. He also has to run all game with no backup. He's the exact kind of back Iowa likes to use, a bruiser who will move the chains and burn clock. I'm glad he's a Hawkeye:)

Exactly. I don't even think he has had one break away touchdown run this year but he has many little break away runs that end up for 10-15 yards.

I love how he can grind. He very seldom gets pushed backward and always seems to fall forward after contact. I love his style.

The holes seem to open a little wider when Rogers is in there. Coker doesn't have as much indecision getting in the hole and going. As stated earlier 500+ of those yards have come since Rogers returned.

I understand that. I don't think any of those were ran in for a TD though. I guess that's my point. Not like some of Greene's long *** runs for TDs in 2008.

While I think he runs a lot like Greene, he doesn't have the top end speed that Shonn had.

I don't think it is a coincidence that he has really started racking up the yards when Rodgers came back. His kick out block on the 13 yard TD last week was a thing of beauty. Just wiped out the OLB or Corner whoever it was.

We have two more years with these guys playing together...love it.

Yep, very quietly, just like him. Very humble kid, he could win the Heisman and you probably wouldn't hear much out of him. Just the type of kid hawkeyes should be thankful to have. He does what he is asked to do and does it well.

Latest posts