Coker

Never said you did, and that statement certainly doesn't imply that. Maybe in your mind.

What you did do is use his leaving as a way to (repeatedly) say "he wasn't good enough anyway, and was never going to see the field."

In short, your theory was garbage.

specifically what he said was that Wegher 'wasn't big 10 material'.......

I believe even if we had all of our running backs healthy right now, including running backs who had left the team that Coker wasn't out of the running for playing time this year.

It sucks to lose Hampton, but I am excited to see what Coker can do.

I'm glad you found a way to work in your barb at Wegher, I was a little worried you weren't going to find a way this week.

Why protect the redshirt season of any Iowa RB? Unfortuantely, they're likely to have a career ending injury before 4 years of eligibility are used anyways. Or impregnate someone, or transfer, or get arrested, or flunk out, etc.

I'm not saying this to be negative, but might as well let the guy play while he can.

There were many theories and rumors for why decided to not play football and you of all people know what my theory was.

Without going into detail of your "theory" I for one find it increadibly sad that you feel the need to have your own "theory" on why a 19 year old kid decided he didn't want to play football.

I must be blind here, but I couldn't find any information on what exactly Coker's injury was during camp. Can someone provide me a link or drop some knowlege on me, I have heard anywhere from a dinged shoulder to broken collarbone. Many thanks.

A buddy of mine has changed my mind on redshirts, which is don't redshirt a guy unless needed. The thinking is that if you don't use the redshirt and the player sustains an injury later in his career, ala Hampton last year, you can redshirt him then. I say play Coker, because you never know if you'll need to utilize that redshirt later.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing what Paki can do against Big Ten defenses this year, in a change of pace role. He'd never be a star, but he showed enough improvement against EIU and ISU to at least catch my interest. Ran the ball much harder than he did a year ago, and kept ahold of the ball.

But, Coker hopefully will be the answer. I wish Wegher hadn't left, but he needs to deal with whatever his problems may be, however he sees fit to do so.

And to answer someone's question about what Ferentz would do if Wegher were to come back now: he said over a month ago that Wegher has an open-ended invitation. So for as long as Wegher is on scholarship, he'd be welcomed back. Wouldn't see the field immediately, but he'd be welcomed back, and be made to earn his way back onto the field.

If we pull the redshirt, we might as well play Coker a lot against BSU. Were probably going to need him this year, lets get him as much experience as he is capable of handling this week.

If we pull the redshirt, we might as well play Coker a lot against BSU. Were probably going to need him this year, lets get him as much experience as he is capable of handling this week.
+1. Include anyone else for that matter. Develop depth to the highest level and never lose a step when you have to sub.

I know paki isnt the most talented guy at RB, but I do respect him for sticking around the program and not leaving. Now I realize saying that doesnt put yards on the stat sheets and scores on the score boards but he did show some improvement vs EIU and Iowa St. I'm not saying not give coker a try or Johnson or Cotton, but i would like to see Paki in some ball games this year(besides just on special teams)

Last year we all thought that there'd be no way two freshman could carry the load. Maybe Robinson emerges as THE back and carries the ball 20+ times all year. I do agree that if Coker can give even 5 solid carries, this would help greatly.

Coker needs to give us somewhere between 5 and 10 productive carries a game. This will give A-Rob a blow. I also think we use the WR runs and jail break a little more too. Maybe a jail break screen could of worked at AZ on the last drive? I know, I gotta let it go!

We don't need the jail break, we just need some simple dump offs for Stanzi. That's it!
I quick slant by the TE or WR. A toss out to a RB or FB, or a dump over the middle to a RB or FB. If we did that last weekend, things wouldn't have been so ugly. Then again, anything would have lessened that nasty sight last Saturday!