Coker is...

Coker is a downhill runner. The sooner the coaching staff learns to not run him sideways on stretch plays the better! He couldnt juke me and that is saying something.

Hopefully we will see Johnson and White at some point. I'm also really hoping Rogers gets back in fb shape as well soon. We could use him at TB.

I think if we lose this game the coaches have to take a serious look at running a package that puts Coker in at FB and one of the younger HB's behind him. It gets another playmaker on the field. Coker would be one of the most dangerous FB's in the Big 10.

almost 20 carries in the 1st half, what are the coaches thinking run him till he either dies or gets hurt so bads he can never play again, no wonder we can't keep a rb healthy all season

Coker is good at getting a few tough yards, but it doesn't look like he can just turn on the jets and blow by anybody.

It just looks to me like a general lack of team speed on offense right now, except for McNutt.

Coker needs to cut and go. He is not a dancer type runner and not much of a threat when he does. Might even want to try Derby at QB as Vandy has really been off.

coker is...... in need of conditioning. he could be a lean & cut 210-220 lbs and just own the big ten. he got too big in the off season. Coker will get his 100 yds, but at 2.0 ypc lol.

Coker needs to cut and go. He is not a dancer type runner and not much of a threat when he does. Might even want to try Derby at QB as Vandy has really been off.

Blame our zone blocking scheme. They neutered AY the same way.

Coker is a downhill runner. The sooner the coaching staff learns to not run him sideways on stretch plays the better! He couldnt juke me and that is saying something.

Too bad the field is only slightly crowned...he can't seem to ever find a place to run downhill.

he needs to power through to the sideline, he won't fake anyone out, the last first down is a good example. it cost us 2-3 more yards

I'm not giving up on Coker yet. As soon as he gets his head right and we start throwing deep to get the 8-9 man fronts to back off Coker will be just fine

Coker will end the year with over 1000 yards and probably 10 tds. I'm perfectly ok with that. hopefully he gets his killer instinct back....and holds onto the ball.

coker is...... in need of conditioning. he could be a lean & cut 210-220 lbs and just own the big ten. he got too big in the off season. Coker will get his 100 yds, but at 2.0 ypc lol.

Fairly sure he's the same size he was last season. He's a deceptive 230 b/c his upper body isn't very large / chiseled.

I said after last week that if he doesn't come around they may want to start giving him looks at FB, but he's got time to straighten things out. The other RB's may also not be ready to go, but it's hard to tell if the coaches don't feel comfortable getting them carries. But re Coker, it's strange seeing a player that was overly successful as a frosh struggle so much w/ a seemingly different running style as a sophomore.

Coker is faster and better than Edgar........He could use a 2nd back to split the load and I'm hoping Bullock is the guy. I think most of you are being a bit over dramatic at this point. He has done fine. We have a huge gap at LG and we simply don't have the holes we need. We also don't have a real good FB this year. We fix those two things and MC will look just fine.

Latest posts