Coincidences...

Is it? I figured the best ones at the top places are sure. But I didn't think that was the new normal yet but I haven't been keeping up with it totally. But if BF is demoted to OL coach I'd hope his pay structure would be adjusted for it.
The top ones are making much more

Clemson's OC makes 2.1 mil
Clemson's DC makes 2.5 mil
A&M's DC makes 2.1
FL DC makes 1.8 mil
Oklahoma's DC makes 1.8 mil
Arkansas's DC makes 1.75 mil
Texas's DC makes 1.7 mil
Georgia's DC makes 1.7 mil
Bama's DC makes 1.6 mil
Auburn's 1.5 mil

Not convinced? Let's just go B1G

TOSU OC - 1.4 mil
TOSU DC - 1.9 mil
WI OC - 1 mil
WI DC - 1.5 mil
MSU OC - 1.3 mil
MSU DC - 1.1 mil
Rutgers OC - 1.02 mil
IL DC - 1.05 mil
Nebraska is going to pay both of their guys a mil

Now, don't make this out that I am saying Iowa is getting a return on investment at OC. They are not, but again, I don't believe that Brian is really the OC. I mean, sure he likely has his Dad's ear more than anyone could but this is Kirk's offense.

What I am saying, is 9 mil for an OC is chump change compared to the schools Iowa is chasing and it's going to go up substantially just based off of the TV deal that was signed.

The top ones are making much more

Clemson's OC makes 2.1 mil
Clemson's DC makes 2.5 mil
A&M's DC makes 2.1
FL DC makes 1.8 mil
Oklahoma's DC makes 1.8 mil
Arkansas's DC makes 1.75 mil
Texas's DC makes 1.7 mil
Georgia's DC makes 1.7 mil
Bama's DC makes 1.6 mil
Auburn's 1.5 mil

Not convinced? Let's just go B1G

TOSU OC - 1.4 mil
TOSU DC - 1.9 mil
WI OC - 1 mil
WI DC - 1.5 mil
MSU OC - 1.3 mil
MSU DC - 1.1 mil
Rutgers OC - 1.02 mil
IL DC - 1.05 mil
Nebraska is going to pay both of their guys a mil

Now, don't make this out that I am saying Iowa is getting a return on investment at OC. They are not, but again, I don't believe that Brian is really the OC. I mean, sure he likely has his Dad's ear more than anyone could but this is Kirk's offense.

What I am saying, is 9 mil for an OC is chump change compared to the schools Iowa is chasing and it's going to go up substantially just based off of the TV deal that was signed.
The $ is there it shouldn't be surprising. With the top HCs starting to get 10 mil and more guys inching towards it I believe it. Poor A & M.... They sure didn't get much bang for the buck on their season.

Is the OL problem coaching or level of talent?
As I stated in another thread, we've actually recruited better at OL over the past few cycles. Several 4-star and upper 3-star players. The talent potential seems quite reasonable.

Every team misses on recruits occasionally, but when you see an offensive line use poor recognition and technique over and over (waist bending, poor kick-outs, poor hand placement, lack of communication, etc.), I think you have to focus in on the coaching or lack thereof.