Coffee with 4th

4thngoal

Sitting here thinking this morning, reading and having some coffee. I got to thinking, we are pretty good on defense.
Then I flashed forward to next year and what our defense would be like if nobody left and had a great off season. Could that possibly be the #1 defense in all of college football??
Then I took another sip of coffee and came back to the present. I started thinking how the bug eaters, all think and say that our team and coaches are nothing but an 8-5 team. That we don't inspire to win national championships. That somehow we don't have that work ethic or drive. The fans say it all the time. The administration says they have to make changes because a lowly Iowa team that is avg at best beat us.
As my mind wanders and my first cup of coffee is almost gone, I drift back to the future. I wonder how good our TE's will be next year. I wonder how good Goodson will be with a year in. I wonder how good our wr's will be as upper class men.
My last sip brings me back to today and kicking the shit out of the corn holers, because today is where the future starts.
Go Hawks!!

. That somehow we don't have that work ethic or drive. The fans say it all the time.

starts.
Go Hawks!!

Wow that is a lot of thinking. But I think the players have the work ethic and drive and want a ring. I think the coaches do also or most of them including KF. I think a lot of fans dont think we have it since we just dont have that high powered offense like an OSU.

6671c05df38a693e98ef10b63b4dad94.jpg

Wow that is a lot of thinking. But I think the players have the work ethic and drive and want a ring. I think the coaches do also or most of them including KF. I think a lot of fans dont think we have it since we just dont have that high powered offense like an OSU.

I agree. But right or wrong, AD's evaluating themselves after a loss to us, to fans of other teams saying we are just an average team (8-5). Everyone is looking down their noses at Iowa football like it is avg at best.
I don't think our players and coaches are shooting for avg. I don't think they work like they do to be avg or to have others view them like that.

The former Nebraska player, Jeremiah Sirles, that was on the Washed Up Walk-ons podcast this week admitted that Shawn Eichorst making that statement "we had to evaluate where Iowa was as a program" was the dumbest thing ever and it is still biting them in the ass years later.

The former Nebraska player, Jeremiah Sirles, that was on the Washed Up Walk-ons podcast this week admitted that Shawn Eichorst making that statement "we had to evaluate where Iowa was as a program" was the dumbest thing ever and it is still biting them in the ass years later.

Yeah I listened to some of that.
It's not just that, it permeates from their hole program and fan base. (Lol I'm not even going to correct auto correct)

Latest posts