Coe-Good to Go or No??

I seriously don't understand it....it's freaking high school. I put 0 effort into my classes in high school and was gold honor roll. How could you not give it your all when it will affect playing or not playing for the Iowa Hawkeyes? Hope he pulls it together!

I don' t know about the academics at all high schools. I would say if he does not make it academically we just lost depth at LB. I think there are 3 RB's on the roster right now. Coker, Johnson, White would all be ahead of him and the other freshman are not slouches either.

Mose, Coe was iowa's highest rated recruit. But few I speak with expected him to make an impact next year, from scrimmage.

Mose, Coe was iowa's highest rated recruit. But few I speak with expected him to make an impact next year, from scrimmage.

It’s interesting to me you say this because some recruits I think do as much good just by the prestige their signing gives the program for other kids. Too me Coe did that. Of the recruit video’s I watched (and of course I’m no scout) there were many, as in more than half that impressed me more than his. But I’m also not big on star ranking other than the momentum lift they sometimes give us off the field.

Chad

This worries me. The kid has all of this right in front of him and he doesn't have the want to make it happen. Red flag to me? We will see.

And many of the very same people were saying something similar about Coker @ this time last year.

If it comes to fruition & he doesn't qualify, it's a blow -- a big blow.

I agree that it would be a blow, but not at the RB position. I don't see him sticking at RB in any way. Think he could be a BEAST on D though.

So what kind of high school academics would keep a kid from playing in college, when his GPA will most likely not change much in his last semester and he would have already taken the ACTs? Is it a class he needs to pass to graduate and if he doesn't graduate he would become ineligible for the fall?

I sent him a facebook message for clarification. Also offered to help him with any assignments he might be struggling with.

If this has an impact in your life, you need to get a life.

Were do you get that this is effecting my life from my post? All I said was I was worried about this kids and his decision making. No where did I say anything about being devastated, suicidal or my life changing!! WOW the boards have been slow but COMON MAN.

Hey Mika'il McCall, might be time to get ready for some carries.
McCall is the better RB anyway, Coe is a nice athlete who doesn't have a natural position.
I read on another board that it is 90% that he doesn't qualify. We'll find out soon enough.

So TOS has somebody saying they have info that Coe has talked to a Juco school and probably won't be at Iowa next year. Things aren't looking good. I hope it can turn around and he will be a Hawk in 11'

If he doesn't qualify does that release him from his LOI? or when he becomes elgible for D1 football is he still committed to Iowa?

I would assume it does release him but i'm not sure.

If he doesn't qualify does that release him from his LOI? or when he becomes elgible for D1 football is he still committed to Iowa?

I would assume it does release him but i'm not sure.

I'd assume he would be recruited again by schools unless he pledges to Iowa again. But I don't know either.

Latest posts