Coe-Good to Go or No??

SmalltownHawk

I'm seeing some specualation that Rodney Coe may be inelligible and therefore will not qualify academically. Does anyone have any concrete evidence for this rumor? Lets hope this is not true Hawk fans.

well now that would be a bummer. This is the first im hearing of it but i haven't really been looking. Got a link to anything?

This is coming from things that have been said at some I-club dinners. It sounds like he needs to finish strong this last few weeks to make sure he can get accepted at Iowa. Might be one class. Nothing has been published.

Sounds like one of the assistant coaches, Eric Johnson I believe, made some comments at an I-Club event that Rodney has some work to do in order to qualify this year.

Poster was saying EJ's body language made it seem like there is a real possibility that Coe would not be joining us this fall. That is all I know.

Coe knows what is in jeopardy, while he avg. a 2.5 I'm sure he is doing everything he can to catch up... hopefully he has a tutor.

Coe knows what is in jeopardy, while he avg. a 2.5 I'm sure he is doing everything he can to catch up... hopefully he has a tutor.
The Gerdin learning center is excellent resource available to all football players and includes tutor services. If any football player is acedemically ineligible it is his own lack of effort at fault.
If Matt Roth was eligible all four years, anybody can do it....

The Gerdin learning center is excellent resource available to all football players and includes tutor services. If any football player is acedemically ineligible it is his own lack of effort at fault.

Ha, good point. I think we all know books were not Matt's strong point, but I could be wrong.

Coe is still in high school and has not yet gotten to take advantage of the academic services provided by Iowa.

How many incoming freshman, who failed to qualify academically, ever actually made it on to the football team? Its a low number.

Really want to see him make it in. But I think he winds up on the defensive side of the ball

I don't know if I do, Jon... j/k. Don't we all!?? I would hope so! And let's hope that he gets his acadmics in-line because I think he can contribute next year. It looks like he's too big and athletic not to.

He was unlikely to play this year other than special teams.

That's my thought, so if he doesn't qualify does he take next year and become eligible and then play for Iowa or does he go to a school with less stringent academic requirements like Iowa State.

Yeah I’d sure like to see him make it, but I’m kind of like Jon, in that I don’t see him at RB. In fact I’ve alwaysy been higher on McCall…..now with that said we are a defensive team and I thought he had a shot to be a stud on that side of the ball. All the same I’ve never been one to sweat what left or never showed up to begin with.

Chad

Latest posts