Cody Larson faces drug charge

It could be why, he dropped off our radar so quick after his release(LOI) I would guess Caff didnt want to start off with this distraction.

Just like USC, I'm sure some booster will hide the envelope behind some tree at some park in Gainsville.

If you don't think this happens all over you are crazy. Sure some schools have boosters with bigger pockets then others but USC and Florida are far from the only schools that are doing something they shouldn't be.

Now whether or not a school or coach is aware of it going on is a totally different ball game.

Actually, we had no idea what he did...only that it involved prescription drugs...now that charges have been filed, the anti has been upped...

I will say this, the charge isn't a huge deal...but to call everyone out for poking fun at him for it is a bit weak.

And calling out a kid for something that alot of us would be defending him over if he hadn't changed his commitment is pure class.

I have always wondered about this kid because the Argus Leader didn't give him all that much love the past two years but they really hyped Mike Miller and Joe Krabbenhoft in high school. Something might be wrong with your when your local paper doesn't play up the success of a highly recruited athlete.

Me thinks he may be an a**hole.

And calling out a kid for something that alot of us would be defending him over if he hadn't changed his commitment is pure class.

What makes you sure that the posters who are calling him out on this thread are not the posters who would be calling for him to GTF out of the program had he still been committed to Iowa?

While I am certain there would be Larson appologists if he were still enrolled here, it seems incredibly presumptious and silly for you or anyone to assume that people calling him out here and now would do any different if he were still a Hawk commit.

It is quite possible that the potential appologists are simply not adding to this thread because they are no longer attached in any way to Larson.

Sometimes different opinions are expressed by different posters, at different times, under different circumstances. It's a very, very, very simple concept lost on some people.

What makes you sure that the posters who are calling him out on this thread are not the posters who would be calling for him to GTF out of the program had he still been committed to Iowa?

While I am certain there would be Larson appologists if he were still enrolled here, it seems incredibly presumptious and silly for you or anyone to assume that people calling him out here and now would do any different if he were still a Hawk commit.

It is quite possible that the potential appologists are simply not adding to this thread because they are no longer attached in any way to Larson.

Sometimes different opinions are expressed by different posters, at different times, under different circumstances. It's a very, very, very simple concept lost on some people.

This. I'd be all over it if he were here. I've got a friend who goes to school at Roosevelt, and he told me that Larson is a big partier as well. He wasn't sure if Larson took the pills for the ankle injury he was coming off of or if he just wanted to get high (hydrocodone is pretty strong stuff for a rolled ankle).

Yes and many of us would be cheering loudly and proudly everytime he scored if he was at Iowa this fall (myself included), hoping he would not get suspended. Shane had it right, this is NOT a Florida board, so did you really expect anything less than a little fun to be poked at the situation?

Since it was prescription drugs, this kid is allowed to keep his scholly? The kid made a bad choice. I say pull his scholly. Let him pay his way for a year, and earn back his scholly by proving he understands he made a poor choice, but now understands he did wrong, and will not do it again.

Sour grapes anyone. We all knew about this a couple months ago and I didn't see all this bashing.

I didn't know much a couple months ago, I knew he had something involving drugs and he had been kicked off his high school team.

I was VERY worried that we were taking a chance on him.

Latest posts