Coast to Coast with Caitlin Clark

I saw that Clark brought along Kate Martin, Gabbie Marshall, and Jada Gyamfi to Saturday Night Live. They were on stage with Clark for the closing credits song.

The amazing thing I am wondering, if Caitlin was in LA on Friday and ended up appearing on SNL on Sat, when did she know she was going to be on SNL and when did she find time to practice the skit? Sure all she had to do was sit there and read the cue cards, but you still need to practice that a couple times, right?

These girls can do whatever they want, but I am curious did they all just drop out of school this semester? I guess Clark, Martin, Marshall are all done with their elligibility, so no big deal I guess. But Jada is coming back right? She needs to get to class.

These girls can do whatever they want, but I am curious did they all just drop out of school this semester? I guess Clark, Martin, Marshall are all done with their elligibility, so no big deal I guess. But Jada is coming back right? She needs to get to class.

My guess is they are mostly in online classes, allowing them to complete their requirements from anywhere.

I have had Iowa WBB seniors in my class during some of their seasons with deep tournament runs, and it does pretty much end their semester. Between the tournament, the post-season awards banquets, WNBA draft, critical networking opportunities like coaches conferences...those things are all more important in the players' lives than the last 4 weeks of my class. I find ways to work with them to complete the critical elements of the course without forcing them to miss out on these once-in-a-lifetime experiences. They can pick up my textbook and read through it 10 years from now, but they can't go back in time and relive a missed awards banquet.

My guess is they are mostly in online classes, allowing them to complete their requirements from anywhere.

I have had Iowa WBB seniors in my class during some of their seasons with deep tournament runs, and it does pretty much end their semester. Between the tournament, the post-season awards banquets, WNBA draft, critical networking opportunities like coaches conferences...those things are all more important in the players' lives than the last 4 weeks of my class. I find ways to work with them to complete the critical elements of the course without forcing them to miss out on these once-in-a-lifetime experiences. They can pick up my textbook and read through it 10 years from now, but they can't go back in time and relive a missed awards banquet.
That's some great info! Thanks!

Latest posts