Banned
As bad as a coaching job tonight as I remember

- UA attacks the run...we don't adjust
- UA blitzed on multiple occasions...we don't adjust
- UA delivers the ball in less than 3 seconds...we don't adjust
- UA blitzes with 8...we don't take advantage
- UA goes all out on special teams...we want to be neutral

This one is on you Coach.

Our O line was dominated in both the run and pass game. That does not leave much room for adjustment.

Sorry, some of you guys are blind. They were stacking things against the run early ... so what did we do, we attacked their corners in order to try to force them into using safety support.

My bet is that if DJK catches that ball that would have gone for the TD ... we would have been able to prevent the momentum from swinging quite as it had.

Furthermore, we were picking up the LB blitzes pretty well earlier in the game ... however, we had a lot more trouble later in the game.

Last edited:
yeah, I dont know why we didnt just sack Foles on every snap and have Stanzi throw it 80 yds to McNutt on every play...obviously our coaches suck

This loss is on special teams for sure. I didnt see a problem with the coaching. I think if norm was there they could have made better adjustments on D but you cant blame anyone for that. Our O-line was just dominated.

As bad as a coaching job tonight as I remember

- UA attacks the run...we don't adjust
- UA blitzed on multiple occasions...we don't adjust
- UA delivers the ball in less than 3 seconds...we don't adjust
- UA blitzes with 8...we don't take advantage
- UA goes all out on special teams...we want to be neutral

This one is on you Coach.

If you've ever been around a quality coach, you know that ALL of the losses are the coach's fault.

We did things tonight that Iowa defenses don't usually do. I haven't seen a lot of blitzes, especially with Clayborn dropping into coverage. Iowa did some things, Foles is good.

The OL was hung out to dry from the beginning. The D got to tee off on them.

Special Teams sucked, at least to start with. Not sure the young guys understood the importance to start with. Hopefully, they get that all worked out.

No this loss is on the special teams.

In large part, yeah ... I would agree with that assertion. Special teams blunders prevented us from sticking to our original game-plan. Every team has to make adjustments during games. However, most teams at least get to stick to large portions of their game-plan ... because that is the stuff that the team works on the most and its what the team executes particularly well.

Unfortunately, Iowa was forced to go into almost exclusive pass-mode ... and you can be assured that that was likely not what was originally on the menu.

No asking for anyone's head...just to react to the situation a bit sooner.

Coach F is a great coach but his reaction time in game situations is suspect.

Iowa ran enough into 8 man fronts to keep play action a part of their plan and it worked. It worked to get DJK wide open twice and he caught one TD and dropped another. AZ was blitzing like crazy, Stanzi saw one on one coverage with McNutt and audibled to it, and it was a TD.

When teams are that aggressive, and that was one of the most aggressive blitz kreigs I have seen in a long line of teams blitzing Iowa, you take shots at them. Iowa did a lot of that.

you are not going to be able to block eight men every time..its a numbers game.

Iowa lost this game because they took themselves out of it early with self inflicted wounds. If you want to blame coaches for the players not being sharp, go ahead. But Iowa did what it should have done on offense. SOmetimes, you just dont execute 100 out of 100 times. Go figure.

Their advantage in team speed hurt us. And yes it was a definite advantage for Arizona. But having said that I have to agree it was poorly coached. I am glad KF is signed until 2020 but I don't want KOK around that long. And I am not sorry if anyone finds that offensive.

Iowa ran enough into 8 man fronts to keep play action a part of their plan and it worked. It worked to get DJK wide open twice and he caught one TD and dropped another. AZ was blitzing like crazy, Stanzi saw one on one coverage with McNutt and audibled to it, and it was a TD.

When teams are that aggressive, and that was one of the most aggressive blitz kreigs I have seen in a long line of teams blitzing Iowa, you take shots at them. Iowa did a lot of that.

you are not going to be able to block eight men every time..its a numbers game.

Iowa lost this game because they took themselves out of it early with self inflicted wounds. If you want to blame coaches for the players not being sharp, go ahead. But Iowa did what it should have done on offense. SOmetimes, you just dont execute 100 out of 100 times. Go figure.

You tell them Jon!

Too many mistakes period.... pass catching, special teams, defense giving up big pass plays, sacks, no running game.

The o-line was exposed tonight. Doesn't mean than they cannot improve but this was a real test against a real opponent. Coming into the season this was the number one question for most.

I'm not gonna fully blame the coaches because anyone who watched the game saw that the players executed horribly. HOWEVER, i thought when it was 2nd and 3, kicking Robinson to the slot and leaving an empty backfield with stanzi behind center wasn't the best play call of the night... I also thought we should've ran more screens and pitches to throw off the blitz and inside commitment. I also don't have a problem with Robinson, he has a lot of heart, but I can't help but to notice his lack of explosiveness.

Not tryin' to point the finger, just callin' them as I see 'em...

Latest posts