Coaching Staff

SirEdHightower

From someone I trust very much, expect R. Aiken to be in Iowa City next year. P. Parker will be on staff also, possible co-coordinators.

Would allow them both to get coordinator pay and coach their respective positions while double-teaming the additional coordinating duties. Aiken recruited Texas(not sure if any other areas) when he was here, that could help us down south again.

This has been my feeling as well, right down to some "co" denotations. Keeping in mind of course I have zero sources and accountability in the matter. Just what I felt made sense.

I think co-coordinators is a terrible idea. I'd much rather have one coach making the final say on everything rather than two guys compromising on their ideas and settling on something they might not fully endorse.

I think co-coordinators is a terrible idea. I'd much rather have one coach making the final say on everything rather than two guys compromising on their ideas and settling on something they might not fully endorse.
Agree, hopefully this is just a way to get Parker a raise (if any of this pans out)

Lavar did play linebacker at Iowa, and previously Norm and D Wilson were coaching lb's together before Norm solely became d-coordinator . Perhaps they will return to 2 coaches at one position. Not sure how it will shake out, but I do anticipate Aiken coaching dline in some capacity.

KF has the final say anyway. EVERYTHING is run through his headset.

I assume only one will call the plays like any other co-coordinator scenario out there. Hey maybe one will get an assitant head coach title and one a d-coordinator title. All I know is P Parker and Aiken are expected to be in IC next year. P Parker has had opportunities to leave for more money and so has Aiken obviously. Something will be done to retain one and grab the other.

Somehow I'm not very surprised by this!?

Probably more out there than you thought. Becoming more common way to increase assistant pay. Meyer and tO$U just hired a co d-coordinator.

I saw this the other day but I can't think of many other programs that are currently do it. Hiring head coaches in waiting was the trend just a few years ago and we saw that lead to messy situations at Maryland, West Virginia, Texas and Florida St. I just don't like the idea of having co-coordinators, but just my opinion.

Latest posts