Coaching moves

Tubby to Auburn
Ben Jacobsen to Minnesota?
Mac back to UNI?

Won't happen Brody...Pollard's in no position to cut him loose and pay the buyout, so Mac can collect a couple million more before he has to worry about getting clipped.

Edit: Assuming he'd have to be fired to be a candidate for the UNI job.

Last edited:
Mac could coach his son, Doug, at UNI. I have no inside info on this situation, just thinking that he's made some good coin at Iowa St and he may want to get out of there before he's fired a year from now. I have always thought Mac would end up back at UNI. Of course Jacobsen would have to leave for another job for this to happen.

Why would UNI want him back? He didn't do that much there. I said when ISU hired him it was a joke. Mac was at UNI for 3 years and each year they got worse then he jumped shipped to get a higher paying job while the opportunity was still there.

Why would UNI want him back? He didn't do that much there. I said when ISU hired him it was a joke. Mac was at UNI for 3 years and each year they got worse then he jumped shipped to get a higher paying job while the opportunity was still there.

What are you talking about??? He was at UNI for five years.
2001-02 14-15 8-10
2002-03 11-17 7-11
2003-04 21-12 12-6 NCAA's
2004-05 21-11 11-7 NCAA's
2005-06 23-10 11-7 NCAA's

UNI would be happy to get Mac back if Jacobsen leaves.

I still think you could see Barbee at Minnesota. He would inherit players that would be more of a fit for his system.

I still think you could see Barbee at Minnesota. He would inherit players that would be more of a fit for his system.

That does make sense. Mac's system did not work well with the players Morgan left at ISU. Do you think anyone will go after Jacobsen?

That does make sense. Mac's system did not work well with the players Morgan left at ISU. Do you think anyone will go after Jacobsen?

I don't see anyone really going after him this season. It's always possible. Providence went after Keno. Perhaps a school like Seton Hall would be interested.

The coaching dominoes haven't all fallen yet, so it's hard to tell. I don't think it's likely though. I think he'll be at UNI next season.

Won't happen Brody...Pollard's in no position to cut him loose and pay the buyout, so Mac can collect a couple million more before he has to worry about getting clipped.

You have the buyout reversed. If Mac left to go to UNI then they (as in UNI or Mac) would owe ISU money, ISU wouldn't have to pay Mac to quit on his own to return to UNI.

You have the buyout reversed. If Mac left to go to UNI then they (as in UNI or Mac) would owe ISU money, ISU wouldn't have to pay Mac to quit on his own to return to UNI.

Don't you think that if Mac gave Pollard an opportunity to get out from under that contract, he'd jump on it in a heartbeat?

No no, I was coming at it from he's not leaving ISU unless he's fired...I didn't even consider that he'd forfeit a few mil himself by quitting. I should've thought of that and clarified.

Don't you think that if Mac gave Pollard an opportunity to get out from under that contract, he'd jump on it in a heartbeat?

If McD offered to get out of the contract by jumping ship, Pollard would be out of his mind to collect a buyout from him. Rather, say your thanks and help pack the bags.

Tubby was pushing his assistant, Vince Taylor, in his press conference the other day. Said he was way overdue to get a big head job. I think Minny would give him a very close look to replace Tubby. Tubby knows dozens of guys that he could build a new staff for Auburn,while Taylor keeps the minny staff intact.

Tubby to Auburn
Ben Jacobsen to Minnesota?
Mac back to UNI?

It's pretty clear that Jacobsen was the brains behinds Macs UNI teams. Mac's inability to find and develop good point guards makes me wonder if he is even suited for mid major level.

McD going to UNI makes no sense. He makes a ton more at ISU and still has a shot to turn that thing around. Should that happen he's going to be set at ISU. If it doesn't there are tons of other schools who would love to have him who would pay as much as UNI.

There is no way on earth McD goes back to UNI unless ISU cans him first and even then I'm not sure it makes one bit of sense.

I'm not convinced UNI would want Mac back w/o Jacobsen as an assistant coach.

Last edited:

Latest posts