Coaching changes

loesshillshawk

If I were AD Fran would be told to hire a defensive minded assistant coach. Football does it all the time. Our defense is an embarrassment to D-1 basketball.

Isn't it something how we wanted more offense with Lick and now we want more defense with Fran. Losing and losing bad sucks period no matter the system you run. Even average defense would be a big improvement at this point.

I still would like to win (favor an) with an uptempo system, but you have to be competent at it. You have to have the pieces to your puzzle to complete your puzzle. You can have a good looking Corvette, but it is not going anywhere without tires and an engine.

Isn't it something how we wanted more offense with Lick and now we want more defense with Fran. Losing and losing bad sucks period no matter the system you run. Even average defense would be a big improvement at this point.

I still would like to win (favor an) with an uptempo system, but you have to be competent at it. You have to have the pieces to your puzzle to complete your puzzle. You can have a good looking Corvette, but it is not going anywhere without tires and an engine.
At least this is watchable.

At least this is watchable.
Right now, I don't think it is watchable as they are bad in all phases. I do think his offense and transition in prior years was better than Lick.....at least when they were not falling apart.

Right now, this is faster paced Lick ball (in other words, we are subpar).....and I think a couple of Lick's IA squads would beat this team because they had more go to players and are sounder on the defensive end. Which is puzzling because I also think Fran probably still has more talent on this team. But, the parts are greater than the sum of the whole. Lick had more of a complete team. Very poor, but more complete. That would be good enough to beat this team right now.

And, I don't want Lick back. He sucks. Don't want Alford back. He can stay out of Iowa forever as far as I'm concerned. Don't even like to compare Lick favorably to Fran. Just hate it.

This team is not doing anything consistently well at the moment. Biggest mistake Bowlsby made was running Mr. Davis off. Our last Sweet Sixteen team.

Last edited:

Latest posts