coaches working the refs

No they wouldn't call everything on the Hawks anyway. They would have to call it both ways or ruin their reputations. Fans don't need to pull the victim card.

We saw them do this in the Iowa City game and didn't resort to the dirty tactic, no need to think we would start now. The problem I had with the refs is that they abruptly stopped calling them on Michigan St...when they had five players with 4 fouls. McCabe was the only one who fouled out that game. Given that fact, why is anybody questioning how upset so many people are??

I mean, again, from square one: Five players with 4 fouls, all but one of them were starters, Iowa is unable to foul a single one of them out in the closing minute plus overtime. Is that not even the least bit fishy? I'm not claiming anti-Hawk conspiracy, I'm claiming we earned a trip to the FT line and weren't awarded it on at least one occasion. One FT beats them without OT, two forces double OT for us. Worst case scenario is a Michigan St. starter out. What happens instead? WE were the only ones to foul somebody out.

Did Michigan St. just really play superb defense without fouling? In a game where they were whistled for THIRTY fouls? If you believe that I will get you an EXCELLENT deal on the fountain in the ped mall. I just wanted to get everything straight before responding as to what reasons we have for being extra salty at officials in an MSU game.

I'm just wondering how long Fran has to work in the league before he gets the right to have private sideline conferences during play and during breaks with the officials such as is extended to Izzo, Matta, Ryan.

We saw them do this in the Iowa City game and didn't resort to the dirty tactic, no need to think we would start now. The problem I had with the refs is that they abruptly stopped calling them on Michigan St...when they had five players with 4 fouls. McCabe was the only one who fouled out that game. Given that fact, why is anybody questioning how upset so many people are??

I mean, again, from square one: Five players with 4 fouls, all but one of them were starters, Iowa is unable to foul a single one of them out in the closing minute plus overtime. Is that not even the least bit fishy? I'm not claiming anti-Hawk conspiracy, I'm claiming we earned a trip to the FT line and weren't awarded it on at least one occasion. One FT beats them without OT, two forces double OT for us. Worst case scenario is a Michigan St. starter out. What happens instead? WE were the only ones to foul somebody out.

Did Michigan St. just really play superb defense without fouling? In a game where they were whistled for THIRTY fouls? If you believe that I will get you an EXCELLENT deal on the fountain in the ped mall. I just wanted to get everything straight before responding as to what reasons we have for being extra salty at officials in an MSU game.
Yep. I agree. And now there are two threads in this thread: one about coaches working the refs and another about ref inconsistency in favor of thug basketball. One does not equate to the other necessarily.

Here, I already posted this. Maybe you missed it:

"I said this in the game thread that got deleted. They have to play as thuggish as MSU so that in order to maintain control of the game they will call both sides the same way.

They called a lot of fouls against MSU the start of the 2nd half and MSU kept fouling/thug def. Izzo simply brought in another body.

Listened to the morons Miller/Brinson and they said it was a well-officiated game because the fouls were equal.The fouls were equal because the refs swallowed their whistles when MSU kept up their thug defense and Iowa didn't respond in kind.

Iowa goes 10 deep that's 45 fouls to give. Let's do this."

Now some might not think it'll work to play thugball like MSU. But put the onus on the refs to do their job. And it seems that OSU and Wisky get their fair share of wins vs. MSU playing the same defense.

Beilein gets a T from Borowski in the 1st half vs Indiana. Thought the refs missed a couple of calls and he went a little crazy. It happens. Michigan down 42-36 at half.

john-beilein2.gif

Latest posts