Coach needs to learn or get lost

CoachB

I am a long time reader of this foum and couldn't take anymore I had to post about the basketball program.I have been a Hawkeye my entire life and I can remember when a down year was just that a down year not 3 yrs and not a decade.I think Mr. Davis could get 16 to 17 wins out of this years team.There are some good peices here but they are not allowed to play to their strengths there are no in game adjustments just a very poorly taught man defense and a system that isn't working.I am so sick of watching coach sit over there witha blank look on his face I seriously doubt he has the smarts to get better or change whats not working he proves it every game.When the ball goes up you can count on two things We will not switch up defensively and we will run the system that I still have no clue what its supposed to look like and in year 3 if you still aren't running your offense to perfection or close to it you have problems.We also know no matter what is happening during a game coach will not adjust man defense and system and hope for the best.Hey coach heres a hint its not working and if you can't realize this after putting us through the worst season we have ever had in the history of mens basketball you need to be checked into the metal ward.I am also sickof the moral victory phrase thats for apathetic losers you never heard Hayden, Kirk,Gable or Brands say hey we lost but by gosh we had a moral victory today well get em next time.Winners detest losing and don't make excuses and sugar coat losses.The team takes on the personality of its coach and tonight was a fine example of that.I am not sold on Lick having a winners mentality which in turn is handed down the line to staff and players.I support the players not the coach at this point I hope some day I can come back on here and eat my words since its pretty obvious were are stuck with another season of this crap. Any way I end my rant thanks for listening.

I watched a couple teams that Coach Davis had that were comparable talent wise that were border line talent wise to what this team is ans I think a competent High major coach could of gotten us 16 wins this year.I have a theory about Tucker I think coach drove him to drink with his boring style and in competent ability (sarcasm alert) I am just sick of excuses and the losing culture aound the basketball program if this is catchy and it jumps I off on the football team there will be a bunch of angry farmers with pitchforks and torches running Lick out of town.

you can also count on the fact that when the ball goes up, licks jacket comes off. the one thing we can count on every game.

Lick is the worst coach in the Big Ten

We are stuck with disaster for one more year

Thanks Gary

If he gets one more year and it looks like this we should fire Barta and Lick

I can remember a year when Paul Lusk and some other pasty white boy were his guards and he got 15 or 16 wins out of them and I never saw them quit granted they did have Les Jepsen I don't think that team was any better than this years team.We need a valid style of play thats condusive to winning it's easy for teams to guard us wait for the ten second mark don't allow the ball inside to our undersized post and contest a deep 3.I can't beleive he is getting payed a million plus to teach our kids to do this you learn better ball than that in junior high.

Latest posts