Coach K comments

Hawkfnntn

What a douche. Illinois waxes his overrated group in their house so he starts pulling the 'I'm scared about covid card' Shut It Down? Coach K Thinks It's Time to "Reassess" Playing During Pandemic - Sports Illustrated Duke Blue Devils News, Analysis and More

I'm taking a shit load of joy this year if for no other reason then look at the top 3 teams in the rankings. Not a blue blood to be found. The Dukes, UNCs, Kentuckys can all go fly a kite as far as I'm concerned. How the hell is Self still coaching at KU? I thought he was dead man walking this off season with all the noise surrounding his program. I'm rambling here but if these blue blood coaches start whining about Covid to the point of shutting things down in a significant way I may have to find my pitchfork.

If you read the SI piece he even acknowledges that part. I'm jealous of the Duke program, I wish Iowa could have pulled off what Coach K has done and I believe he's done it the right way. I have a lot of respect for what he says, I don't think he's concerned about COVID just because his team got beat. I'll go back to hating on him when he's sitting on the other teams bench against Iowa.

I’d be more sympathetic to his point of view if he wasn’t such a whiny d-bag on and off the court, especially when calls don’t go his way. He has an oversized view of himself and way too much influence in the world of college basketball.

Last edited:
What a douche. Illinois waxes his overrated group in their house so he starts pulling the 'I'm scared about covid card' Shut It Down? Coach K Thinks It's Time to "Reassess" Playing During Pandemic - Sports Illustrated Duke Blue Devils News, Analysis and More

I'm taking a shit load of joy this year if for no other reason then look at the top 3 teams in the rankings. Not a blue blood to be found. The Dukes, UNCs, Kentuckys can all go fly a kite as far as I'm concerned. How the hell is Self still coaching at KU? I thought he was dead man walking this off season with all the noise surrounding his program. I'm rambling here but if these blue blood coaches start whining about Covid to the point of shutting things down in a significant way I may have to find my pitchfork.
He wants another year to get his young players up to snuff. What a jerk.

Mike Krzewskyzswkezrwski is a victim of his own cult of personality. He's been worshipped at a level Tom Osbourne and Joe Paterno could only dream of for the last 40 years, he coaches on a basketball court with his name painted on it, and he's been given accommodations by that state and university that would make the Pope feel like white trash. Do that long enough and even the most grounded person will get delusions of grandeur. I mean, if you have hundreds of thousands of people telling you daily for 40+ years that you're more important than god, you're going to believe it at some point.

10,000 19 year old kids camping outside in tents for a week to get a chance to worship you in your own personal cathedral with your name emblazoned all over it? How do you think he'll act?

If you read the SI piece he even acknowledges that part. I'm jealous of the Duke program, I wish Iowa could have pulled off what Coach K has done and I believe he's done it the right way. I have a lot of respect for what he says, I don't think he's concerned about COVID just because his team got beat. I'll go back to hating on him when he's sitting on the other teams bench against Iowa.
How do you think they got Zion exactly?.... That dude's mom got hooked up with a 'job' for Nike for who knows how much $ all so he'd go there plus who knows what else. You think Coach K is ignorant to how kids get 'recruited' to his team? Child please he's been around way too long and he runs every aspect of it. He might not cheat for every kid they get but for many over the years he sure has.

I did read it but all his qualifiers ring hollow coming from him. He knows now even more then the day before that he doesn't have a good team. If he had a kid like Zion and other blue chippers ready to make a run he would NOT be saying any of that he'd be trying to play like Frost at NE was to start the year.

How do you think they got Zion exactly?.... That dude's mom got hooked up with a 'job' for Nike for who knows how much $ all so he'd go there plus who knows what else. You think Coach K is ignorant to how kids get 'recruited' to his team? Child please he's been around way too long and he runs every aspect of it. He might not cheat for every kid they get but for many over the years he sure has.

I did read it but all his qualifiers ring hollow coming from him. He knows now even more then the day before that he doesn't have a good team. If he had a kid like Zion and other blue chippers ready to make a run he would NOT be saying any of that he'd be trying to play like Frost at NE was to start the year.
This x 1,000.

People who think any of these one and doner coaches are models of humanity and morals are fuckin loony.

Krzewrkwsyrszcwski might not be out bangin' chicks and paying off hookers like Pitino and Calipari, but he's just as much a snake as the rest of those d-bags.

What makes him even more of a sociopath is that he’s got the biggest recruiting advantage in the country by a large margin, the biggest budget, and almost unlimited resources even when compared to the other ultra-blue chips, yet he’s still on tv whining like a baby about unfairness.

Unfairness, Mike??? Are you serious???

Shut the F up.

This x 1,000.

People who think any of these one and doner coaches are models of humanity and morals are fuckin loony.

Krzewrkwsyrszcwski might not be out bangin' chicks and paying off hookers like Pitino and Calipari, but he's just as much a snake as the rest of those d-bags.

What makes him even more of a sociopath is that he’s got the biggest recruiting advantage in the country by a large margin, the biggest budget, and almost unlimited resources even when compared to the other ultra-blue chips, yet he’s still on tv whining like a baby about unfairness.

Unfairness, Mike??? Are you serious???

Shut the F up.
It blows my mind how naive some can be. 95% of college hoops is shady. There isn't a blue blood that isn't. The NCAA is so toothless with all the crap they've had on Self and Pitino those chumps are still doing it. So many examples. And the schools keep employing them.

To think Coach K is somehow above all that is beyond ridiculous. Once the dirt started coming out on Zions whole deal did he bench him and say wait a second let's sort this out first? Noo way keep throwing down those ally oops. He already knew damn well what all had happened and probably half brokered it. He's in bed with Nike himself. He's not what he or the media portrays himself as. Neither is Izzo up in MSU. It's funny how some coaches are cherry picked as the chosen ones compared to others but it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

It blows my mind how naive some can be. 95% of college hoops is shady. There isn't a blue blood that isn't. The NCAA is so toothless with all the crap they've had on Self and Pitino those chumps are still doing it. So many examples. And the schools keep employing them.

To think Coach K is somehow above all that is beyond ridiculous. Once the dirt started coming out on Zions whole deal did he bench him and say wait a second let's sort this out first? Noo way keep throwing down those ally oops. He already knew damn well what all had happened and probably half brokered it. He's in bed with Nike himself. He's not what he or the media portrays himself as. Neither is Izzo up in MSU. It's funny how some coaches are cherry picked as the chosen ones compared to others but it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

In coach K's defense, he tried as long as he possible could to avoid swimming in the cesspool . In order to remain a blue blood he had to dive in.

Coach K is 105 years old.....he should be concerned about the rona. All lame jokes aside, he knows he has a weak squad. He needs an excuse to hit the reset button.

The blue bloods have more competition for the 5 stars than every before. They are under increased scrutiny as well. Even Adam Silver has said the NBA needs to help college basketball solve the one and done problem., hence the G League starting to pay top athletes six figures to go there to play bb full time rather than the farce of being a student. Some go to Australia, some to Europe now. Some are going to prep schools then going pro. I like this one, Chameleon BX out of San Francisco, they are taking elite athletes and working with them n all aspects of their game getting them ready to go pro. The athletes don't have to pay them anything until they get their second NBA contract.

I remember Maryland hooking Diamond Stone's old man up with an UnderArmour job when Diamond "enrolled". (Read: he never saw the inside of a classroom the entire year he was at Maryland).

Coach K, in a story that's been told several times on these boards, nearly became Iowa State’s coach in 1980. Bobby Knight was endorsing it, thinking that the relative close proximity to K's Chicago roots would give him a leg up in recruiting the city.

Imagine what the college basketball landscape would have looked like, locally and nationally, had K taken the Iowa State job.

Anyone heard what Diamond Stone is doing these days? Is he still toiling in the G league? Or did he go overseas? Or is he on skid row somewhere?

Agreed in most part.

And then think about how the NCAA went after Jerry Tarkanian as if they were the only program violating NCAA rules. Talk about treating schools and coach's differently.

But that's the NCAA for ya.

There$ a rea$on the$e coache$ are treated like king$.

The blue bloods have more competition for the 5 stars than every before. They are under increased scrutiny as well. Even Adam Silver has said the NBA needs to help college basketball solve the one and done problem., hence the G League starting to pay top athletes six figures to go there to play bb full time rather than the farce of being a student. Some go to Australia, some to Europe now. Some are going to prep schools then going pro. I like this one, Chameleon BX out of San Francisco, they are taking elite athletes and working with them n all aspects of their game getting them ready to go pro. The athletes don't have to pay them anything until they get their second NBA contract.

Not only is there increased competition, but good coaches are figuring out how to build and develop teams much better than they were in the early days of the one and done era. Sure, a star freshman can change your fortunes, but as we saw with Illinois and Iowa the other night, a group of guys who have played together for at least a year and have a little more poise from being a little older can be really formidable against even the best diaper dandies.

Agreed in most part.

And then think about how the NCAA went after Jerry Tarkanian as if they were the only program violating NCAA rules. Talk about treating schools and coach's differently.

But that's the NCAA for ya.
Exactly how they cherry pick who they paint in a better light and why is beyond me but there must be reasons. Bill Self is the recent one that has me scratching my head. It sounds like he's been doing shady crap in an obvious blatant way yet the NCAA/Kansas won't do anything besides say they are investigating and drag it on and on....

With more and more 5 star players becoming 1 and done players it's opened the door for other schools who are getting the 3 and 4 star recruits to better compete with the "blue blood" programs. Many of the top recruits are 1 and done while the 3 and 4 star are playing multiple years if not all 4/5.

BTW, I see I'm getting blasted for my comments on Coach K. I admit I forgot all about the Zion incident so I stand corrected. I remember being shocked over the Zion incident as my impression was that Coach K has ran a fairly clean program. I watched the clip on his comments and they seemed sincere, he even acknowledged how his message would be received.

Duke has NINE top 100 recruits and the lowest one was ranked 49th with 6 of them listed as freshman. The 5 top scorers are all freshman with 1 sophomore. Only 37.1% of minutes played and 30.3% of scoring returned from 2019-20 roster, Illinois was twice that. This Duke team could be playing much better by the end of the year. With that much talent on his bench I would think Coach K would want this season to play out if he is just looking at his team. I really don't think he wants to call off (or suspend) the season just because his team sucks.

Not only is there increased competition, but good coaches are figuring out how to build and develop teams much better than they were in the early days of the one and done era. Sure, a star freshman can change your fortunes, but as we saw with Illinois and Iowa the other night, a group of guys who have played together for at least a year and have a little more poise from being a little older can be really formidable against even the best diaper dandies.

Completely agree. A team that has five guys who are in the starting lineup and have been playing together for three or four years is like rare gold today.

However to me, college basketball is watered down with so many players opting early for the NBA. When I look back at the eighties I see better overall teams and better competition. Sure players now are better skilled at shooting twenty five foot 3's but the game is so much different today. Back then teams were scoring ninety points a game with a 45 second shot clock and shooting a shit less 3's. An example of the competitive nature of the game being much better was the Hawks game against the Tar Heels in 1989. I mean the talent was just incredible and there was a maturity about how the game was played.

This also effects the NBA. Freshman and Sophomore coming into the NBA are not mature enough, skills might not be developed enough. It leaves the NBA and college basketball watered down to the point that its not as good as it used to be.

Latest posts