Coach Fran has a "Bob Knight" kind of basketball mind

Maybe I should clarify. Not every good communicator has the terms abusive, intimidation motivator, and idiot after their name......

Bob Knight: Good communicator by abuse and intimidation. Represented IU. Hates chairs. Used dirty toilet paper as a motivator to better demonstrate the 4 letter word to describe team play. Yes, that gets the point across. My bad. Maybe Alford has PTSD?

Bob Knight has a demon or two (who doesn't) but he's one of the greatest basketball coaches the game as known. I won't defend some of his actions, but he is a heckuva basketball mind. Also, I will never forget his comments when Chris Street passed. Go Hawks!

You know, there are about 1000 different brilliant basketball minds you could have compared him to besides Bob Knight. Phil Jackson was a good communicator...Bob Knight was an abusive lunatic.

I don't see the similarities b/n Coach Fran and Coach Knight. Just commenting on Bob Knight's basketball intelligence. Almost unparalleled in the history of the game.

Definitely enjoy listening to Fran during his press conferences. Sort of like Brands (although not quite as intense) but he calls it like it is. I like that about a coach. He is the first one to take responsibility for a loss, but he also won't hesitate to say "we need more from so and so."

I like the fact Fran can light into a player but is just as quick to offer a high five. I remember reading a lot of comments from his previous players (at previous stops) who commented on how much they liked playing for Fran.

Latest posts