Coach Ferentz

just remember that KF keeps games competitive, the boosters win no matter what bowl we go to. As long as KF keeps rolling off winning season his job is safe. I will always be part of the fan base that feels "In Kirk We Trust" - I would die a happy hawk if we were in a bowl every year for the rest of my life with two BCS-like bowls a decade. I am amongst the part of the fan base that can only afford to go to a bowl every 3 years. most like being able to watch them every year. Boosters agree, and will continue to cut his checks. Next year and into the future, Iowa has a chance to compete for the BIG 10 Championship game every year. Essentially being in a 6 team league our chances to play on a big stage (B10 Championship game and bowl) each year improves drastically.

Every one of you that thinks Kirk is this GREAT coach.. had better go and look at the last 5 games.. we should have lost to Indiana. These players didnt look to have a single desire to play football since the MSU game.. and who is to blame for that... THE HEAD COACH.. Kirk needs to take some of the blame... Ken O'keefe takes his share of the heat and i think he could be one of the weakest play callers in college football...

what i can say as being a life long iowa fan is this.. Iowa football has become predictable.. my old high school team could probably game plan for iowa and be very successful... its sad when my mother who knows nothing of the game can tell you what is about to come on offense and what defense is about to be played...

What's predictable is the fans reaction everytime a season doesn't go are way it's fire this guy or that. We fired Mr. Davis and look at that mess now, look at that pathetic program we loss to today, they were once a michigan type powerhouse in college football(with multiple national championships) and now their going 2-9 and celebrating a victory against us like it's a national championship...Why cause in their eyes were the powerhouse now. Things can change and this wouldn't seem so bad.

Every one of you that thinks Kirk is this GREAT coach.. had better go and look at the last 5 games.. we should have lost to Indiana. These players didnt look to have a single desire to play football since the MSU game.. and who is to blame for that... THE HEAD COACH.. Kirk needs to take some of the blame... Ken O'keefe takes his share of the heat and i think he could be one of the weakest play callers in college football...

what i can say as being a life long iowa fan is this.. Iowa football has become predictable.. my old high school team could probably game plan for iowa and be very successful... its sad when my mother who knows nothing of the game can tell you what is about to come on offense and what defense is about to be played...

Anyone who thinks a 5 game snapshot defines the quality of a coach lacks perspective.

Man, how have things changed in just 10 months.

When most people were expecting 10-2 (or possibly better) this year following last year's great success, we were constantly reminded of how much of a fluke last year was and that it could easily have been 7-5.

Now that we are 7-5 this year and didn't live up to expecations, we are constantly reminded of how great a season last year was and that we should feel blessed.

Which is it? Was last year's success for KF and his staff a fluke, or wasn't it?

Latest posts