Coach Ferentz

iahawk20

Folks we are blessed to have this man lead our program, I would not trade him for anyone! What a night....GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Yep, but I think the difference tonight was Sir Norm Parker. Had them boys ready. Also, though not much for KOK, I thought he called a good game, except for the fake FG, which may have been KFs doing. Well coached game though, all around.

Let us hope and pray Sir Norm is back with the team next year and does not decide to hang it up. Doesn't sound like he's in good shape with the foot, however.

Our thoughts are with you, Norm.

Yep, but I think the difference tonight was Sir Norm Parker. Had them boys ready. Also, though not much for KOK, I thought he called a good game, except for the fake FG, which may have been KFs doing. Well coached game though, all around.

Agree, Norm and the D were spot on as ususal. KOK also called a tremendous game, only a few execution mistakes (CS drop, AR falling down, etc) really hurt.

I coould actually feel the fake fg being called, man, what a game!! I can't wait to see it again.

I curse you and love you at the same time Norm, but please stay!!! Hawkeye Nation Loves you! Bend but don't break baby!!!!!

I liked the Fake Fg call, whoever's call it was, cause FG doesn't do alot. With the FG, TD we lose by 1 and without it they can still only tie with a fg, not beat us. But if we get the TD, game over, and if the fake doesn't work they still on the 5 yard line, so I think it was a good calculated risk.

I'm on board with that evaluation of the fake kick. Thanks KF, KOK, and Norm (is there really a chance he doesn't return?), and also all the other position coaches and grad assistants.

my opinion on the fake was if we're going to fake it we might as well have just gone for it. right when i saw murray getting chased by that GTech player i knew he wouldnt make it...im glad everything worked out in the end though!

The fake had to be the only play I saw all night where the vaunted GT speed hurt us.

Come on Murray, suck it up and work on your quicks!!!!!!!!!! JK

They didn't change they just re-surfaced from a couple years earlier. Shonn Greene saved KF's career.

In reality this team was lacking in alot of places, and to place blame solely on one player, coach or unit isnt identifying the problems

Shonn Greene basically played one year and Iowa went 8-4 what are you talking about?

The defense that defined 2009 was born in 2008. But without Shonn Greene, that team probably only wins 6 games, and the heat on Ferentz would have gotten much hotter. Hard to say if he would have been canned (I kind of doubt it), but Greene took off a lot of pressure.

His odds of been fired in 2008 is about the same as this year...little to none...

Edit: check that no little.....none

Latest posts