Clowns Vs. Joke-lahoma

Still in the end...you were wrong.
Wrong about what? I said OU was an overrated team, and that Lincoln Riley wasn’t in the hot seat.

What was I wrong about? Or are you failing to put effort into these things again?

Oklahoma is definitely over-rated this year, but that was still an important win for the Cyclones, and I do love seeing a blue blood go down hard like that. After jumping that hurdle, do the Clones run the table in the Little12? Who is going to stop them besides OkSt? Could you imagine how insufferable that fanbase will be if they win their conference for the first time since like 1912?

I will say one thing: Their receivers averaging 6'4" is a nightmare matchup for any defensive back.

Oklahoma is definitely over-rated this year, but that was still an important win for the Cyclones, and I do love seeing a blue blood go down hard like that. After jumping that hurdle, do the Clones run the table in the Little12? Who is going to stop them besides OkSt? Could you imagine how insufferable that fanbase will be if they win their conference for the first time since like 1912?

I will say one thing: Their receivers averaging 6'4" is a nightmare matchup for any defensive back.
See that's the thing. They beat TCU and OU, but they'll get embarrassingly beat down a couple times by two or three unranked teams to close out the year. Because they're Iowa State. That's what they do.

Oklahoma is definitely over-rated this year,

Oklahoma is overrated almost every year. They get shit trucked damned near every time they play teams in the southeast. They have had some very good QBs and skill level guys, but they are really soft in the trenches and it shows whenever they play someone who can push them around.

Oklahoma is overrated almost every year. They get shit trucked damned near every time they play teams in the southeast. They have had some very good QBs and skill level guys, but they are really soft in the trenches and it shows whenever they play someone who can push them around.

Unfortunately that's pretty much everybody other than Clemson and other SEC teams.

Riley so far has been fortunate to be the beneficiary of the grad transfer rules. He's yet to develop one out of HS yet has he? Must be nice being handed stud 4 star plus talented QBs that others have developed and coached up for 3 yrs plus before you get em. Regardless of the system it's still college football and for QBs to learn situational play that just takes reps. College schemes are more complex and sometimes disguised. The speed of defensive players is way different in college. The windows are way smaller. It's not HS football anymore and till you've got a certain amount of reps under you there's a learning curve. We'll see it with Petras I'm sure too even though this is his 3rd yr in the program. If he's as good as Stanley was the day he graduated I'd be beyond pleasantly surprised but I'm not expecting it

Well now he's got his own (Ratler is supposedly the best of last yrs class) redshirted kid that he'll have to develop. Not many first year players freshman or not are ready to set the world on fire day 1. I think that kid will be great but it'll take him some time that's all. By the end of the season he may be awesome. ISU caught em at the perfect time. The only better time woulda been a week or 2 ago. It'll be interesting to see how they do the rest of the way. When teams like with championship aspirations (realistic or not) lose a couple like that early you may see some quitting amongst those other players.... Good luck Riley he may need some...

I think it's more than fair to say that if you want to evaluate where Oklahoma is as a program right now you simply look at the fact they're 0-2 in conference play and just lost to K ST. and ISU in back to back weeks. Luckily for them they opened against Missouri St. or they could very easily be 0-3. Hope they're ready for Texas or they very easily could be 0-3 to start conference play.

Unfortunately that's pretty much everybody other than Clemson and other SEC teams.

Ohio State is the only program that can compete with them and even with OSU, it's like a once a every few years affair when two of their classes in a row really pan out.

Helluva game by your boys, too, pal. Ain't nothing to sneeze at when you take down a program like Oklahoma and I don't give a shit if they have a freshman QB. When we beat Ohio State in 2004 when OSU was starting Troy Smith as a freshman I loved every second of it and stayed until they turned the scoreboard off. These are big games. Congrats.

Riley so far has been fortunate to be the beneficiary of the grad transfer rules. He's yet to develop one out of HS yet has he?

I think Harbaugh is in a pretty similar boat at Michigan. Riley's teams seem to have gotten softer in the trenches every year bince Stoops left. If you can run up 63 points a week that's fine, but ISU definitely pushed them around and from what I watched of each of their past two games, I'd say KSU and ISU might have better front 7 units on the defensive side of the ball right now. If I were an OU fan, I'd be pretty damned nervous.

Riley so far has been fortunate to be the beneficiary of the grad transfer rules. He's yet to develop one out of HS yet has he? Must be nice being handed stud 4 star plus talented QBs that others have developed and coached up for 3 yrs plus before you get em. Regardless of the system it's still college football and for QBs to learn situational play that just takes reps. College schemes are more complex and sometimes disguised. The speed of defensive players is way different in college. The windows are way smaller. It's not HS football anymore and till you've got a certain amount of reps under you there's a learning curve. We'll see it with Petras I'm sure too even though this is his 3rd yr in the program. If he's as good as Stanley was the day he graduated I'd be beyond pleasantly surprised but I'm not expecting it

Well now he's got his own (Ratler is supposedly the best of last yrs class) redshirted kid that he'll have to develop. Not many first year players freshman or not are ready to set the world on fire day 1. I think that kid will be great but it'll take him some time that's all. By the end of the season he may be awesome. ISU caught em at the perfect time. The only better time woulda been a week or 2 ago. It'll be interesting to see how they do the rest of the way. When teams like with championship aspirations (realistic or not) lose a couple like that early you may see some quitting amongst those other players.... Good luck Riley he may need some...
I agree with what you're saying about Rattler and the QB play, it will take some time and he will get better. But that said, I didn't think that loss was on him at all. I thought he played pretty well, in fact. He did have the late interception but he was trying to make a play late in the game.
Oklahoma's real problem is their defense. They did an OK job stopping the run early but gave up quite a lot late in the game. And their DB's were atrocious. Never had sight of the ball all night, even if they were outsized.
And aside from the defense, they have had the luxury of some outstanding O-Lineman the past few years. At least so far, this one seems to be a drop off. Maybe they will improve too but right now, they aren't there yet.

I agree with what you're saying about Rattler and the QB play, it will take some time and he will get better. But that said, I didn't think that loss was on him at all. I thought he played pretty well, in fact. He did have the late interception but he was trying to make a play late in the game.
Oklahoma's real problem is their defense. They did an OK job stopping the run early but gave up quite a lot late in the game. And their DB's were atrocious. Never had sight of the ball all night, even if they were outsized.
And aside from the defense, they have had the luxury of some outstanding O-Lineman the past few years. At least so far, this one seems to be a drop off. Maybe they will improve too but right now, they aren't there yet.

For sure having a young Qb is far from their biggest issue. He's just the one that'll get talked about the most. Even with how he did (which wasn't terrible) they had a chance to win on the road. So that makes 2 weeks in a row he's thrown game ending interceptions on drives he could have won the game on. He's not going to be judged as fairly as other Qbs. Being at OU his learning curve is going to be graded differently. But that D as you said stinks and has been a thorn in his side since he's been HC. Knowing that only puts more pressure on the young QB and offense to produce at a crazy high level. So since the offense isn't humming unstoppably on all cylinders like they are used to now they are beatable by the rest of the league which has to have Oklahoma fans very nervous. And the rest of the league smells blood in the water

Latest posts