Clowns now unranked and....

ISUx had a terrible draw with a bye week right after getting it handed to them by UNI.
Iowa got another 'real game' experience under its belt while ISUx had to practice and not get anyone hurt.

ISUx will be rusty, Iowa will not.

For sure. Too bad because it's more fun to beat a ranked team. :D

Clowns aren't worried about not being ranked. The only thing they care about is what uniform are they going to wear. That's the biggest deal for them. I don't even think they care about the game period. So worked up over Game Day and uniforms. Stupid clowns. Not even aware esecpn is in a corner puking about this game.

Clowns aren't worried about not being ranked. The only thing they care about is what uniform are they going to wear. That's the biggest deal for them. I don't even think they care about the game period. So worked up over Game Day and uniforms. Stupid clowns. Not even aware esecpn is in a corner puking about this game.

What's funny is their "red" jerseys aren't even cardinal red they're more maroon. They basically created an alternate team color because theyre so afraid of looking like McDonalds

ESPN and Gameday is in full regret mode and they're out shopping for the morning after pill.
ESPN Gameday knew that was a real possibility. Especially with ESPN’s history of not crediting scoop sources. And there just isn’t much on the schedule.

Just gave ISU another chip on their shoulder

I really hope the ISU hype train has not gotten to the point where rank is of any significance to them. Focus on consistently being good and then worry about rankings. And if ESPN didn't see the writing on the wall that there was a chance ISU wouldn't be ranked, then I'm speechless. What might they be planning next week? Game Day at Illinois with Nebraska coming to town? Great chance neither of them are ranked either.

I don’t think ESPN cares. I doubt location really effects ratings significantly. Especially when no big games are on and their backup location was Syracuse.

Am I more or less likely to watch gameday if they are at Tuscaloosa vs say east Lansing? No. I don’t care.

I don’t think ESPN cares. I doubt location really effects ratings significantly. Especially when no big games are on and their backup location was Syracuse.

Am I more or less likely to watch gameday if they are at Tuscaloosa vs say east Lansing? No. I don’t care.

Yep, exactly. I rarely watch Gameday and even when I do I barely ever realize where they physically are located.

Gameday being in Ames doesn't actually hype the Iowa/Iowa State game up around the country. I feel like ISU fans think "THIS IS IT WE'VE FINALLY ARRIVED"...when the reality is 80% of the people tuning in don't know where Ames is or which Iowa school actually plays in Ames.

The reality is that Game Day is in Ames this weekend because of Iowa. They wouldn't be coming if it was Texas or Oklahoma or anyone else. ESPN isn't going to come to Ames because Oklahoma is there, there are other games where ESPN will want Oklahoma for Game Day. Nope, they're coming to Iowa State because it's Iowa. Just another reason why . . .

Its my opinion the Gameday show has ran its current cycle. If I were at ESPN what I would do is focus on High School and/or Youth football during that time to help the numbers out and to show the country the importance of sports on kids and especially the best team sport there is.

These colleges and programs that are on Gameday do not need the exposure and they do not need any additional dollars. If they really want to do something for the game they need to change their way of thinking. They already play the little league world series why cant something go for football? I just feel they would gather so much more traction by hitting these programs that need some help financially, that are run almost entirely by volunteers, and that involve kids.

It could go a long way in helping the state of the game if Gameday were to show a game and talk about the latest and greatest equipment, the heads up tackling program and other things that have brought football into a bad light the last few years.

Latest posts