Clowns have their man

From Prohm's Wikipedia page:

The season concluded with a loss to Oklahoma in the preliminary round of the Big 12 Tournament. Afterward, ISU athletic director Jamie Pollard announced that Prohm and ISU had agreed to part ways after he lit a match to a healthy and successful basketball program. Literally burnt it to the ground. And will forever be known a a great guy with good intentions who single handedly destroyed what Fred had built.

My question is whether or not any current players will leave the program?
As a 2-22 program I would think a number will be encouraged to do so. Another interesting aspect might be how much of the transfer market they choose in rebuilding. Might satisfy the short term pressure to dig out but might not be the best long term solution.

P.S. Thought I heard on a recent podcast (Howe involved) that there were over 120 that entered the transfer portal in just the last 2 days.

So...if they really do want Fred, here's a "conspiracy theory" (much as I hate that term) for you.
They can't afford to pay Fred's escape money yet, it's $10.25M. But it drops to $5M in 3 years....Zero after that. They give TJ 3-4 years, if he doesn't get it done they're in position to bring Hoiberg back without breaking the bank.
If TJ is a fail is there any heat on Pollard?

Depends on if he can hang on to Campbell

As a 2-22 program I would think a number will be encouraged to do so. Another interesting aspect might be how much of the transfer market they choose in rebuilding. Might satisfy the short term pressure to dig out but might not be the best long term solution.

P.S. Thought I heard on a recent podcast (Howe involved) that there were over 120 that entered the transfer portal in just the last 2 days.
With the unique eligibility options from this season, maybe Jalen Coleman-Lands can move on to his FOURTH team.

Just read that TJ is probably going to add Kyle Green from UNI's staff as an assistant. That probably means that AJ will be following him.

Bummer. Marquette has hired Shaka Smart, bringing one of the most overrated coaches in college basketball back to his home state, but not at a B1G university.

Would have loved to see Minnesota or Indiana grab him. Rumor is that Indiana is looking hard at Loyola's Porter Moser. That would be good for Indiana, bad for the rest of the league.

Minnesota has their man. Wish it would have been Shaka Smsrt.

From Prohm's Wikipedia page:

The season concluded with a loss to Oklahoma in the preliminary round of the Big 12 Tournament. Afterward, ISU athletic director Jamie Pollard announced that Prohm and ISU had agreed to part ways after he lit a match to a healthy and successful basketball program. Literally burnt it to the ground. And will forever be known a a great guy with good intentions who single handedly destroyed what Fred had built.

That's funny. What's even funnier is the idea that Fred built anything. Building with transfers was always a fragile foundation.

Latest posts