CLOWN questions

Montgomery is the key. He is an underrated stud and will be a challenge. Not the biggest RB, but he's got a solid overall skill set, and an almost uncanny ability to break tackles and get the extra two yards. We will have to try to avoid letting them isolate him on Hockaday. That's a complete mismatch. He also can pass as a former QB - another trick play to watch out for.
Not sure how he is underrated - most publications list him somewhere in the top 10 backs in the country, unless you're thinking he should be higher than that

Last edited:
Lanning is the big one there. I actually think we're going to get a lot of what Cotton-Moya brought tot he table. Edwards and Trent wouldn't be playing much on this team IMO. Waggoner we're going to get pretty similar production out of though.

If you want my prediction for the game I think Iowa wins something like 21-10 in a pretty ugly game.

Saturday was very bad for ISU for a lot of reasons. It's been said many times that yes, it's bad to miss your first game because you make a lot of improvement. However, I think it's pretty important to get some good vibes going early in the year. If everything plays out by the odds, I think they'll be favored in only one of their next 5 games. The sixth game is against WVU, who ISU hosts but they might win the conference this year. If ISU starts out 1-4 or 1-5 that could be all she wrote for the season and the fans would be insane. Now starting 2-4 isn't much better but you'd have to think the team would be pretty beaten down there too.

I agree the chance of a big slide is there with the schedule, and you could have counted on it in year's past. But Campbell is different and last year getting to 7 wins was so different from the past because it wasn't winning 3 non-conference games and finding the 3 worst games in the B12 win. ISU beat the two best teams in the league and crucial officiating calls had a huge influencing on determining the game in the Oklahoma St. & KSU games. Also, none of the games were blowouts and keep in mind the ISU team lost 2 games in Iowa & Texas with a QB that was a basket case and that won't be the case this year.

That being said if ISU loses to Iowa, it would be very difficult to be 4-2 or even 3-3 through the WVU game. Although if they were either, ISU could run the table after that depending on injuries but a KSU and/or Texas loss wouldn't surprise.

Last edited:
Not sure how he is underrated - most publications list him somewhere in the top 10 backs in the country, unless you're thinking he should be higher than that
More from a general conversation standpoint. His name never comes up when you hear people discussing the CFB landscape. I've brought his name up several times and the response I always get is, "Who?" He's a bit under the radar playing in Ames.

More from a general conversation standpoint. His name never comes up when you hear people discussing the CFB landscape. I've brought his name up several times and the response I always get is, "Who?" He's a bit under the radar playing in Ames.
I gotcha, people who haven't played against ISU probably have no idea who he is

40744893_1845260025562000_5363253532281536512_n.jpg

Cant start slow on offense with drops and penalties. If we have the same start and first half production, well be playing from behind.

Start fast for a change, win turnover battle, and we win by 2 scores. Start slow, shoot our own foot early....itll be a dog fight.

Latest posts