Close games...

stevoskin

Wisconson at home, Ohio State at home, Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern....those are five games off the top of my head that the hawks could have or should have won. Against 2 of the top three in the big ten to say the least. I know it sounds crazy but the hawks may stand a chance at maybe not winning the big ten tourney but making a run. If you said the hawks would take it down to the wire against ohio state and wisconsin at the start of the year i would laugh at you. This team has greatly exceeded all expectations they had. I'm not a cubs fan but i probably sound like one when i say next year may be a great year for iowa basketball. Call me a homer if you want, but i think the hawks will see postseason play next year...NIT more likely than the dance.

thoughts???

We need to shore up the wing position and get a player to replace Cole. I think aaron white might be the answer at the 3, but I'm excited to see who Fran can bring in this spring. With the recruits and player improvement this offseason, I think we can compete for middle of the pack next year. Remember, having cully back will help.

I was texting my brother-in-law a similar message stating that the Hawks could have been the cinderella team of the year with a 17-10 record but due to a few bad calls, a bad break with the injury to Gatens earlier in the season, and sadly more than a few missed open looks that seemed to rim in and out has them shaking their heads at a 10-17 record instead.

Wisconson at home, Ohio State at home, Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern....those are five games off the top of my head that the hawks could have or should have won. Against 2 of the top three in the big ten to say the least. I know it sounds crazy but the hawks may stand a chance at maybe not winning the big ten tourney but making a run. If you said the hawks would take it down to the wire against ohio state and wisconsin at the start of the year i would laugh at you. This team has greatly exceeded all expectations they had. I'm not a cubs fan but i probably sound like one when i say next year may be a great year for iowa basketball. Call me a homer if you want, but i think the hawks will see postseason play next year...NIT more likely than the dance.

thoughts???

Hummm......

Relistically Iowa will lose at Illinois, at MSU, vs. Purdue and the first round Big 10 tournament game to finish at 10-21. Now with more teams making the NCAA tournament now maybe it will have a slight effect on the NIT field. But glancing at the NIT field in 2010 you better have 17+ wins to get in. Lets say Iowa wins 3 additional pre-season games and 3 additional Big 10 games next year. That only gets them to 16 total wins. It is quite a good jump to win 6 more games so I am not sure if that is possible or not. I would say it's pretty optimistic to think Iowa will see post season play next year.

I guess a lot depends on what other recruits hit campus, if Marble improves, and how good Ogelsby and White are.

I would say even the NIT would be a pretty big reach next season.

It all hinges on some unknowns. Will Cully be ready to go to the point that he will be ready to make a big contribution? Also, will he adjust to coming off the bench? Beyond that, can Iowa find a ready to play Big? And will someone find the ability to hit an open three?

And will someone find the ability to hit an open three?[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping that's going to be Ogelsby next year, because I don't think it's ever going to be Gatens again.

Latest posts