Clones are headed to the Rockies

SirJamaLot

Live on Espn the Mountain West commish just had a press confernece saying that Boise is on hold because they are going to wait for bigger fish to swim by:

By this time next week we may have 5 totally differnt confernces, seat belt time

What happens to the Big 12?

Pac-16 takes UT, TAMU, Baylor, TTech, OU, and OSU.

B16 TEN takes Mizzou and Nebby.

MWC takes Colorado and KSU.

Big East takes KU and ISU.

What happens to the Big 12?

Pac-16 takes UT, TAMU, Baylor, TTech, OU, and OSU.

B16 TEN takes Mizzou and Nebby.

MWC takes Colorado and KSU.

Big East takes KU and ISU.

Per a Kansas State law KU and K-State can not be in different conferences. If this law was not there Kansas would be in Big Ten or Pac Ten no problem.

MWC no plans to expand at this time. They decided not to invite Boise St. on MTN Network. They have until the end of this month to make the invites for the 2011 season.

Denver Post story has the following schools mentioned for MWC invites.
12 teams: Add Boise St, Colorado, Houston (TV markets Denver, Dallas, San Diego and Salt Lake City)
14 teams: Kansas and Kansas State

I am hearing TAMU might get their SEC wish. Hard to believe there is any way that the Big East can be a football BCS conference. MWC seems more well situated.

There isn't a Kansas law keeping them together. But lots of powers that be who may force them together.

Per a Kansas State law KU and K-State can not be in different conferences. If this law was not there Kansas would be in Big Ten or Pac Ten no problem.

There isn't a Kansas law keeping them together. But lots of powers that be who may force them together.

There is no law....the reason that Kansas isnt in the Big Ten or Pac Ten discussions is because they bring nothing to the table football wise

There is no law....the reason that Kansas isnt in the Big Ten or Pac Ten discussions is because they bring nothing to the table football wise

Then Jon and Deace gave out some mis- information on the radio this morning.

I keep hearing about this law. I have heard credible people say it is there and others say it isn't there. Haven't actually heard anyone state the law or tell us where you can find information on it.

I keep hearing about this law. I have heard credible people say it is there and others say it isn't there. Haven't actually heard anyone state the law or tell us where you can find information on it.

I've looked through Kansas' state statutes and haven't found anything remotely close to such a law. That doesn't mean there isn't some administrative regulation or rule in place, of course, but I would bet the two aren't legally tied to one another.

Dan Wetzel tweeted about the phantom law and then retracted it. University officials from both schools have said they think it is best for both KU and KSU to be in the same conference, but I haven't seen any of them mention any legal obligation.

Obviously none of this is definitive evidence either way, but I'm somewhat confident the state legislature hasn't created such a requirement.

Here's my take:

Texas, TT, TAM, OU, OSU, & Colorado to the new 16 team PAC 10
Mizzou, and Nebby to the new Big 10
Baylor, KU, and KSU to the MWC...they currently have 9 members, add 3 and they have a perfect 12 (2 divisions of 6) for a championship game.
ISU to the MVC, because no other conference wants them.

If ISU cannot get into the MWC then I would expect them to join the MAC before the MVC. You are talking about them dropping out of FBS all together if they were to join the MVC.

Oh come on. ISU has $225 million in research expenditures, 24,000 students and a football stadium that holds about 50,000 people. They have earned the right to at least be considered better than Middle Tennessee State and Florida International University (both FBS schools). They don't belong with SIU, WIU and UNI.

Oh come on. ISU has $225 million in research expenditures, 24,000 students and a football stadium that holds about 50,000 people. They have earned the right to at least be considered better than Middle Tennessee State and Florida International University (both FBS schools). They don't belong with SIU, WIU and UNI.

I agree completely.

Big 12 Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I state get more people to games then KU,KSU,CU, and baylor why would you even compare us to FIU oh cause you a dumb hawk again you all dont know nothing...:p