Clones and Huskers tied in 4th

What a stupid call!!! If you're gonna go for 2, go for it with the offense that is moving the ball!!! There's gutsy and there's stupid. That call was stupid.

What a stupid call!!! If you're gonna go for 2, go for it with the offense that is moving the ball!!! There's gutsy and there's stupid. That call was stupid.

I agree. With ALL the momentum in that game, why go for two. Nebby couldn't throw the ball, so it's not like their offense looked good.

If ISU is a relevant program, they don't have to make that kind of a call.

He was wide open until the wind held it up. If he would have thrown it with a little more zip, the clones win. I hate nebraska!

Dude was wide open...why don't teams have back up QBs as holders anymore? Holy crap...

I've been thinking about this since our failed fake in the Orange Bowl. I suppose if a special teams player is the holder he has more practice time with the kicker? That's all I can think of.

Even if you rarely try a fake kick, it'd sure be nice to have someone who is either a good runner or passer.

I get if you make it happen, you look like a genius, but it's not like Iowa St didn't have MO. They had stopped them on their last 3 drives.

I questioned the same thing a few weeks ago with our team!!:)

I just don't get it...they don't want to put their 3rd string QB in jeopardy, but your starting punter is fine??? And it would set you up better for plays just like the Clones ran...just a stupid policy...and when's the last time a holder got injured and had to quit playing football because of it?

I always thought you call that on the road but play it safe at home. I love the call too. Would have been the highlight of the cyclones season had it worked!!

I always thought you call that on the road but play it safe at home. I love the call too. Would have been the highlight of the cyclones season had it worked!!

If PR wants to get that program some serious legitimacy, he beats Nebby straight up and doesnt have to resort to gimicks. He had Nebby in a perfect spot, just didn't think his offense could score again and defense would make a stop.

I thought it was a great call, I don't understand how people fall for the fake if your not the middle lineman just watch for the fake. I think it was a great call, Nebby was basically a running team and ISU couldn't pass in the wind. Another overtime favored Nebby, not to mention nebby been on d first. Good call IMO, bad execution.

I've been thinking about this since our failed fake in the Orange Bowl. I suppose if a special teams player is the holder he has more practice time with the kicker? That's all I can think of.

Even if you rarely try a fake kick, it'd sure be nice to have someone who is either a good runner or passer.

Good point on the practice time, but how much "holder and kicker" time is given anyway? "Catch, place, turn"...but you're right, it would be nice to have a better athlete back there.

Great call, girly throw. Had the guy zipped it to him game over ISU wins. I can't believe I was actually pulling for the clones...

Latest posts