Clinton's David Johnson

UP6936

Is there any chance that Iowa offers David Johnson from my alma mater, Clinton? I know Iowa is more than good at the RB position, but he plays defense as well. He is a playmaker and the kind of under the radar talent that KF's teams thrive on.

David has excellent balance and is hard to bring down. Also can take it to the house in the open field.

Go River Kings!

He reminds me of Timmy Dwight when he was in High school. Timmy D would get the ball and everyone was just waiting to see what would happen. Johnson is the same way, he touches that ball and everyone is waiting to see his moves. He has some of the best footwork I have seen out of HS player. He has the stop and go move down pat and also he is a physical runner. I could see him playing safety or possibly OLB in college. If he gets bigger, which under DOYLE i know he can.

I would say the hawks should offer him, otherwise he could escape to the enemy ISU.

I still need to see some evidence or game tape or something from a combine before I believe this guy has the stuff to perform at the Big Ten level.

"...more than good at RB." We had Coker and DeAndre Johnson. With Waegher and Robinson coming off impressive frosh seasons. In retrospect, reaching for David Johnson might have been useful.

Latest posts