Cleveland Guardians???

kicker22

WTF!!! I get the external pressure from the PC world to get a new nickname for the Indians, but the freaking Guardians? Not only do they cave, but they do so and come up with the dumbest nickname out there. I'd of been totally fine if they renamed themselves the Cleveland Steamers, but come on...

WTF!!! I get the external pressure from the PC world to get a new nickname for the Indians, but the freaking Guardians? Not only do they cave, but they do so and come up with the dumbest nickname out there. I'd of been totally fine if they renamed themselves the Cleveland Steamers, but come on...
As a baseball fan, I'd have been fine if they just went with Cleveland Baseball Club and left it at that.

They should have went with the Cleveland Spiders. That's what Cleveland's baseball team was called in the 1800's. Its a cool name and a cool logo too

My youngest played one season of AAU baseball for a team known as the Spiders. Cool uniforms as well, burgundy and white.

I'd of been ok with Spiders... I think it would definitely have taken some time to get use to as I'll always associate Cleveland baseball with the Indians, but "Guardians" doesn't even sound right.

They'll always be the Indians to me. A buddy of mine said that I'll come around and switch like everyone else. I reminded him that I still call it the WWF and will never call it WWE. He said, "Oh yeah, I forgot how stubborn you are."

They'll always be the Indians to me. A buddy of mine said that I'll come around and switch like everyone else. I reminded him that I still call it the WWF and will never call it WWE. He said, "Oh yeah, I forgot how stubborn you are."
Wizards are still the Bullets to me.

Latest posts