Clemmons appreciation thread

Marble will pick it up more once the other are going at a consistent clip (Clemmons, Gessell and Woodbury). We know what White brings every night. The keys to the season will be Marble and Basabe. I'm good with McCabe and May getting less and less minutes, but they do bring some good energy when they come in except dumb fouls. If McCabe would stand up straight instead of trying to draw a charge every time then it wouldn't be so bad.

Agreed. May is just too timid on the offensive end, and McCabe is a foul machine. I'm perfectly OK with them not getting more than 10 minutes unless the game isn't close.

Much as I despise overused cliches... "Upside". Clemmons may be the overlooked gem of this class. The kid did not look like a Freshman tonight. Cool as hell. Smooth. He looks effortless out there. And when he did make one bad freshman mistake...didn't flinch at all...just kept ballin'. That's a player.

Consider this. With Clemmons in the lineup, we started 3 Freshmen and a Soph tonite. Damn. Talk about upside.

Overlooked by some. But if you watched/read some on Sapp you saw a player. Smooth, calm, collected & capable. He didn't have to do much on his HS or AAU teams because every player was D1 talent or close. He is probably one of the more experienced on the team because of who he played with & against the last several years.

I think Clemmons just has "it" when running an offense. He's definitely on his way to being a stud if he keeps it up. I also LOVE the 2 pg lineup.

Much as I despise overused cliches... "Upside". Clemmons may be the overlooked gem of this class. The kid did not look like a Freshman tonight. Cool as hell. Smooth. He looks effortless out there. And when he did make one bad freshman mistake...didn't flinch at all...just kept ballin'. That's a player.

Consider this. With Clemmons in the lineup, we started 3 Freshmen and a Soph tonite. Damn. Talk about upside.

Drummer, I don't disagree with anything you say. But, I can't help but think by this time next year we might also think that Ingram will be an overlooked gem from this class as well. I have seen some good things from him in limited minutes and I think by this time next year he will be looking pretty solid.

Trying to think who Clemmons' game reminds me of. Maybe Andre Woolridge? He isn't flashy and doesn't pound the ball for effect, he picks his spots and makes plays. Efficient is the best adjective I can come up with. Clearly the kid is accustomed to playing against higher level competition and isn't afraid of taking clutch shots. The 3 and the jumper he hit in the second half kept us out of stall mode and you could tell when the 3 left his hand, he he knew it was in. I really liked the energy and passion Clemmons, Woodbury and White showed last night. Woodbury is always the first guy off the bench encouraging guys during timeouts, which speaks volumes about his character.

Offense seems to be pushed more with clemmons at pg (which was what bc did so well). Plus he puts more pressure on pg when defending (mg will get better at this). My only thing is he looks like he pushes the ball out when he shoots (seems awkward) but it works for him so don't change it.

If Clemmons continues his success hopefully it will open up more Michigan recruits. Johnny Orr owes most of his success to his Michigan ties. I hope the Hawks keep bringing in overlooked kids like Clemmons, kid plays fearless!!!

Trying to think who Clemmons' game reminds me of. Maybe Andre Woolridge? He isn't flashy and doesn't pound the ball for effect, he picks his spots and makes plays. Efficient is the best adjective I can come up with. Clearly the kid is accustomed to playing against higher level competition and isn't afraid of taking clutch shots. The 3 and the jumper he hit in the second half kept us out of stall mode and you could tell when the 3 left his hand, he he knew it was in. I really liked the energy and passion Clemmons, Woodbury and White showed last night. Woodbury is always the first guy off the bench encouraging guys during timeouts, which speaks volumes about his character.

That doesn't have anything to do with the number he wears, does it? :D

Seriously, though. Clemmons could be something special at the point. I think for this year, at least, he's better suited to handle the physical rigors of a Big Ten schedule than Gesell. But he's also really impressed me with his game. 16 assists and 1 TO over his last two games? That's insane.

It's just nice to have some depth at the guard position. It wasn't that long ago that we had John ******* Lickliter getting minutes in real basketball games at the point.

I am looking forward to what he can do against B10 competition. Especially Indiana with Hulls and Farrell and Michigan with Burke. I dont know if we will win either game, but I think our perimeter defense starting with Clemmons gives us a better chance. Especially if we can defend and rebound like we did tonight. I thought ISU had a better chance to win the game last night but I knew Lucious would be their weak point. He can score but once you get under 5 minutes left, if the ball goes to him you know he is going to jack up a shot. And with the physicality that Clemmons brings, that really threw him off. Plus I think the "Big 10 Reject" chants helped.

I am looking forward to what he can do against B10 competition. Especially Indiana with Hulls and Farrell and Michigan with Burke. I dont know if we will win either game, but I think our perimeter defense starting with Clemmons gives us a better chance. Especially if we can defend and rebound like we did tonight. I thought ISU had a better chance to win the game last night but I knew Lucious would be their weak point. He can score but once you get under 5 minutes left, if the ball goes to him you know he is going to jack up a shot. And with the physicality that Clemmons brings, that really threw him off. Plus I think the "Big 10 Reject" chants helped.

I didn't hear that through the tv. Wish I did, that's funny. I agree on Clemmon's perimeter defense, it was excellent along with Marble's. I knew Clemmons had some defensive talent but what I didn't know is how ready he was for the spot light. Very poised and making smart decisions. Light seems to be turning on early for him.

I didn't hear that through the tv. Wish I did, that's funny. I agree on Clemmon's perimeter defense, it was excellent along with Marble's. I knew Clemmons had some defensive talent but what I didn't know is how ready he was for the spot light. Very poised and making smart decisions. Light seems to be turning on early for him.

I'm surprised that you couldn't hear it. I couldn't make it out from my seat at CHA, but when I watched the replay when I got home I could hear it clearly. Probably because I had an idea on what I should listen for. I think they did it for Babb also.

I'm surprised that you couldn't hear it. I couldn't make it out from my seat at CHA, but when I watched the replay when I got home I could hear it clearly. Probably because I had an idea on what I should listen for. I think they did it for Babb also.

It was probably cause I was a drunken mess yelling at my tv the whole game and pacing my living room and saying
"Lets Go Hawks!" over and over. Even my wife got tired of me and went downstairs. I wonder if Kirk joined in on the chant;)

Latest posts