Clemmons appreciation thread

theboat

Love the way he plays. He just seems to go out there with no fear. I am sure he will have his lumps, but it has been a long time since we had that "2nd tier" guy on the team just come out and make plays. Not to mention the dynamic he adds on the defensive perimeter. Love it.

Oh, and he had 14 pts, 8 assts, and only 1 turnover against the final four vet. Did I say I love him? #nohomo.

file.php

Love the way he plays. He just seems to go out there with no fear. I am sure he will have his lumps, but it has been a long time since we had that "2nd tier" guy on the team just come out and make plays. Not to mention the dynamic he adds on the defensive perimeter. Love it.

Oh, and he had 14 pts, 8 assts, and only 1 turnover against the final four vet. Did I say I love him? #nohomo.

He had a great game. That said, I also loved how Gessell stepped to the line and hit two big FTs even w/ our own official scorer trying to ice him. Both of them have some stones. IA will need Marble to be better to make the NCAAs.

He had a great game. That said, I also loved how Gessell stepped to the line and hit two big FTs even w/ our own official scorer trying to ice him. Both of them have some stones. IA will need Marble to be better to make the NCAAs.

He even made an extra one just for kicks.

Love Gesell and Clemmons...they were fearless tonight and this was hopefully a building block for the future. They took on a damn good back court and didn't flinch.

Some of the building blocks are really coming together, and Clemmons is definitely one of those blocks. His future is bright.

Marble will pick it up more once the other are going at a consistent clip (Clemmons, Gessell and Woodbury). We know what White brings every night. The keys to the season will be Marble and Basabe. I'm good with McCabe and May getting less and less minutes, but they do bring some good energy when they come in except dumb fouls. If McCabe would stand up straight instead of trying to draw a charge every time then it wouldn't be so bad.

Some of the building blocks are really coming together, and Clemmons is definitely one of those blocks. His future is bright.

I was thinking this tonight...when Iowa took Woodbury and White out in one instance, I thought about how next year they can bring in Mel and Uthoff.

I don't know if he needs it. MG was jittery early and I am glad that we have two guys that can bring it up the floor and Sapp does seem to be more of the PG between the two. MG will be a great SG!!!

The couple times I saw Clemmons in HS, once live, there were times when he looked like the best player on the floor when he was under control. If you have watched MSU play, Denzel Valentine was his teammate and he plays quite a lot for Sparty. I was impressed with his athleticism and defense the most...his shot looked good, but just didn't fall.

Clemmons is the type of athlete Iowa has lacked in the back court for quite a while and I expect we will see the same out of Ingram and Jok next year, that extra athleticism that has been missing.

Much as I despise overused cliches... "Upside". Clemmons may be the overlooked gem of this class. The kid did not look like a Freshman tonight. Cool as hell. Smooth. He looks effortless out there. And when he did make one bad freshman mistake...didn't flinch at all...just kept ballin'. That's a player.

Consider this. With Clemmons in the lineup, we started 3 Freshmen and a Soph tonite. Damn. Talk about upside.

Much as I despise overused cliches... "Upside". Clemmons may be the overlooked gem of this class. The kid did not look like a Freshman tonight. Cool as hell. Smooth. He looks effortless out there. And when he did make one bad freshman mistake...didn't flinch at all...just kept ballin'.

Consider this. With Clemmons in the lineup, we started 3 Freshmen and a Soph tonite. Damn. Talk about upside.

Congratulations.

Latest posts