Clayborn/Suh

Did you watch Suh play?

Whenever I could. Very good with a great single season. Not a once in a generation player. Had a hand full of dominate games but only averaged 6 tackles per game his incredible senior year. He broke up quite a few passes.

Another DT that was absolutely as dominate in college football just 2 years ago was Glenn Dorsey at LSU.

Last edited:
He was great as a junior too. DT's aren't suppose to have the #'s Suh did as a senior. It's unheard of. But he was just as impressive as Clayborn his junior year

He was 2nd team all-conference per the Big 12 coaches his Junior year. (7.5 sacks with all those coming against New Mexico St., Clemson, Colorado, Kansas, and K-State)

Did you watch anything except the Big 12 championship game when he had 4.5 of his 12 sacks? By the way he had 0 sacks against Arizona 1 less than Clayborn

Last edited:
For me the number one factor in this argument is that most keep comparing Suh as a Senior to AC as a Junior. You compare both stats as a Junior and they are very comparable with AC maybe a bit better. Even though Suh had an absolute beast of a senior season. AC certainly has the skills to match up with it.

Suh was an interior lineman. They don't have the opportunities a DE has, and he was still dominant. Clayborn plays on a better D, and won't have the chance to stand out as much. So no, he isn't at Suh's level. I don't think he ever will or would be.

Iowa has had some pretty good ends in recent memory too. And a few that dominant seasons. Look at Leroy Smith in 1991. He kind of came from nowhere, but was an absolute beast his senior year. The game against Ohio State may have been one of the best defensive efforts in Hawkeye history.

I don't think Clayborn is on Suh's level...but I'm also in the camp that it's really tough to compare the two playing different positions. What Suh was able to do last year, not just from a stats perspective, but from a disruptive perspective was amazing. The fact that he was able to generate the stats he did while constantly facing double and triple teams really spoke to how well he played.

He was 2nd team all-conference per the Big 12 coaches his Junior year. (7.5 sacks with all those coming against New Mexico St., Clemson, Colorado, Kansas, and K-State)

Did you watch anything except the Big 12 championship game when he had 4.5 of his 12 sacks? By the way he had 0 sacks against Arizona 1 less than Clayborn

Suh had 2 interceptions for touchdowns his junior year.

do you know anything about football? When was the last time a DT had 7.5 sacks in a season. It just doesn't happen.

I saw Suh do stuff last year that I had never seen an interior defensive lineman do. Run down RB's from behind. Absolutely annhilate long snappers to just run through and block kicks.

I don't know what he'll do in the pros but in college I've never seen anybody like him.

Suh > Clayborn. In college and will be in the pros, too. It's not even close.

This thread can be closed now.

BUT.....if we're talking about cabbie punching talent, then I go with AC.

Latest posts