Clayborn on the front page of CBSSports.com

there is also a poll on the front page that asks is clayborn the best defensive player in the nation. everyone vote yes!

That article implies, to an extent, that AC came back for his senior year in part because he felt he owed it to KF for standing beside him through the whole cab driver ordeal.

I wonder if there is any truth to that.

I didn't really think it implied that. I just think he felt he had some unfinished business and wanted to refine his skills and help Iowa win.

Clayborn is a victim? Wow.

I like the dude. He is a beast and don't care about what happened at all. But calling him a victim? I don't get it

Clayborn is a victim? Wow.

I like the dude. He is a beast and don't care about what happened at all. But calling him a victim? I don't get it

The cab driver used the N word to address AC. That would make AC the victim of racial bigotry/hatred.

The cab driver used the N word to address AC. That would make AC the victim of racial bigotry/hatred.

So once Clayborn hit him, isn't the cab driver a victim of assault? Can there be 2 victims?

IMO neither are victims IF he did use the N word (at this point it is Clayborn's word vs the taxi drivers)

So once Clayborn hit him, isn't the cab driver a victim of assault? Can there be 2 victims?

IMO neither are victims IF he did use the N word (at this point it is Clayborn's word vs the taxi drivers)

It's not Clayborns word against the cabdrivers, it's fact, in addition to multiple witnesses the cabbie admitted using the word to the DA.

It's not Clayborns word against the cabdrivers, it's fact, in addition to multiple witnesses the cabbie admitted using the word to the DA.

Link?

Regardless. I don't care what he called him. Clayborn is not a victim. To say he is...is a joke

name-calling versus battery ... hmmm, which one is worse?

sure, the cabby is likely a dbag ... hey' I'm pretty big, maybe I should just punch all the dbags I encounter, that would be a helluva lot of fun ;)

stop defending clayborn. he made a mistake. he's admitted it, and everyone with a brain can easily recognize that. He is no victim.

saying even the most vile and disgusting things to someone does not justify assualt, ever. period.

So according to cyclones17 and crabshack, having racial slurs used against you because of the color of your skin does not make you a victim? I think there's a couple of guys that would like to have a word with you.

sharpton-jackson.jpg

Link?

Regardless. I don't care what he called him. Clayborn is not a victim. To say he is...is a joke

To say Clayborn is a victim of biggotry or racism doesn't mean the cabbie wasn't a victem of assault.

Clayborn was guilty of a crime (misdemeanor assault) and paid the right price ($100 fine).

The cabbie was guilty of a crime (calling Clayborn the N word) and paid the right price (Clayborn upside his head).

stop defending clayborn. he made a mistake. he's admitted it, and everyone with a brain can easily recognize that. He is no victim.

saying even the most vile and disgusting things to someone does not justify assualt, ever. period.

You just don't get it... no one is defending Clayborn, I have yet to hear ANYONE say they think Clayborn was innocent (including KF or Clayborn). What the ARE saying is the punishment fit the crime (for all parties).

To say Clayborn is a victim of biggotry or racism doesn't mean the cabbie wasn't a victem of assault.

Clayborn was guilty of a crime (misdemeanor assault) and paid the right price ($100 fine).

The cabbie was guilty of a crime (calling Clayborn the N word) and paid the right price (Clayborn upside his head).

I never said that the cabbie wasn't a victim (he was), my point is that Dodd's statement holds true because Clayborn was a victim of a racial slur. However the clowns that post over here fail to see that. All they see is the big, bad, Hawkeye punched someone for no reason. When the facts show that AC punched someone because that someone used a racial slur towards AC.

Neither thing should have happened, but it did. Both were at fault and both were victims in their own right.

I never said that the cabbie wasn't a victim (he was), my point is that Dodd's statement holds true because Clayborn was a victim of a racial slur. However the clowns that post over here fail to see that. All they see is the big, bad, Hawkeye punched someone for no reason. When the facts show that AC punched someone because that someone used a racial slur towards AC.

Neither thing should have happened, but it did. Both were at fault and both were victims in their own right.

My post wasn't directed at you it was directed at Clown17

Re-read my posts. I didn't say Clayborn was a big bad guy who punched him for no reason. I didn't say the taxi guy didn't deserve it. I don't even think Clayborn should be suspended for it. Read that again. I don't think Clayborn should be suspended.

BUT there is no way, zero, zip, nada that Clayborn is a "victim" in this ordeal. I'm not saying the taxi cab driver is a victim either. But you can't be the one that does the punching and be considered a victim. It's idiotic to think that

Re-read my posts. I didn't say Clayborn was a big bad guy who punched him for no reason. I didn't say the taxi guy didn't deserve it. I don't even think Clayborn should be suspended for it. Read that again. I don't think Clayborn should be suspended.

BUT there is no way, zero, zip, nada that Clayborn is a "victim" in this ordeal. I'm not saying the taxi cab driver is a victim either. But you can't be the one that does the punching and be considered a victim. It's idiotic to think that

Right, because there's no such thing as being a victim of racism? They were both victims. Clayborn the victim of racial intolerance/ignorance, and the cabbie was the victim of an overreaction.