Clay

latrans

I saw this on another site so not my find but apparently John 'cankles' Clay ran a 4.87 forty (average of two) at the combine. lol I think both Ballard and Clayborn are faster than him.

Can we just line up Daniels in the backfield some next year, would be comparable I bet for speed, but maybe stronger.

Clay never really hurt us. Last year it was a combination of all three that did us in.....that and that stupid fake punt.:mad:

Yeah Clay's 91 yards on 24 carries and 2 TD's didn't hurt much..:rolleyes:

Oh the other 2- Ball and White 10 carries and 28 yards for 1 TD.. Is that the combination you speak???

Last edited:
For a preseason all big 10 offensive player of the year candidate who averaged 3.8 ypc, and got over half on the last drive, I would not say he hurt us. The fake punt hurt us more then clay. And as far as the 2td's, I could have fallen in the end zone from two yards out with that line he had... I think he had a hurt lung in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.... It was our d's hurt lung in the 4th quarter and horrible clock management that killed us.

Last edited:
I rode in an elevator with one of the parents after the game and his son played on special teams...not sure who it was but he was like "...Yeah he said he knew something was up when they reset in a certain way...." I almost asked...."Well why didn't he call a TIMEOUT???" OR START YELLING IT OUT....GOOD LORD. We should have been in punt safe, but what player sees something and does nothing?!

I rode in an elevator with one of the parents after the game and his son played on special teams...not sure who it was but he was like "...Yeah he said he knew something was up when they reset in a certain way...." I almost asked...."Well why didn't he call a TIMEOUT???" OR START YELLING IT OUT....GOOD LORD. We should have been in punt safe, but what player sees something and does nothing?!

People that weren't even watching the game could see that fake punt coming from a mile away. By far the biggest coaching mistake of the season, and that's saying something.

I was sitting in the stands with a friend and as soon as they lined up we looked at each other and said "Fake!" It was so freaking obvious what was coming.

My wife knows nothing about football or any other sport and was at home doing laundry while I watched the game in a bar.

30 seconds before the play, my cell phone rang: "Honey, watch for the fake"

Girls just know. It's like cats and earthquakes.