Classic Iowa BB Games

nickhawk

The BTN definitely needs to broadcast some more classic Big 10 games -

What are some classic Iowa BB games that you would like to see re-broadcast?

I would love to see any of the 86-87 games against Purdue, Indiana or Illinois as well as the two Hawk victories over Michigan and MSU after Chris Street's tragic death.

I would also love to see the 1st round NCAA tourney game where the Hawks came from 19 down to beat George Washington.

What are some other classics?

...as well as the two Hawk victories over Michigan and MSU after Chris Street's tragic death.

Probably my two favorite games of all time. The MSU game was shown a couple of years ago. It was actually available on Hulu for a while.

There was also a 20+ point comeback to beat Illinois one season, but I can't recall which off the top of my head. I remember watching it as a kid though. :)

One of my favorite games was the MSU game at Carver when Dre hit a baseline jumper at the end to win it. Kingsbury drilled some bombs that game. And even though he played for the wrong team, Respert was a lot of fun to watch as well.
I'd also to love to see the game against Kansas where we ended their home court winning streak.

I'd like to see the game vs Illinois where we came back from a 22 pt deficit for VICTORY!

Oooh that's a good one. Illinois had a little guard by the name of Wysinger or something like that and he was lighting us up in the first half. If I recall right, that was the first game after we had received the #1 ranking as well.

Iowa beating North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and following it up (the next year?) with a win against the Heels in Carver.

Iowa-Illinois game from 1987 when we were down 22 in the second half.
I might have this game on VHS.
I'll check and post here when I've loaded it to YouTube.

the Kansas come back in phog Allen was awesome to watch. I remember I turned it off for like two minutes and i had to watch it for some reason..