Clark snubbed

HaydenHawk56

277534223_5229845300441197_5171388043866370804_n.jpg

Is this going to turn into the Luka vs Obi debate again. Us as Iowa fans have to take the losses with the wins. As we all know team success has alot to do with who wins these awards and while Iowa was very good this year SC was better and Boston had a legendary year. She deserved and Clark will be front runner to win it next year just like how Luka came in 2nd then won it the next year.

I agree that Clark should've won. Most amazing woman BB player I've seen. Boston had 27 consecutive double-doubles. Hard to argue with that.

Heres another thing that factors into this voting. Clark has finsihed 2nd two years in a row. These voters know that she could win it every year but there not going to give it to her every year. They know she still has 2 years left dont be surprised if she wins it the next 2 years.

Is this going to turn into the Luka vs Obi debate again. Us as Iowa fans have to take the losses with the wins. As we all know team success has alot to do with who wins these awards and while Iowa was very good this year SC was better and Boston had a legendary year. She deserved and Clark will be front runner to win it next year just like how Luka came in 2nd then won it the next year.
Was her season even legendary tho? Her numbers weren't anywhere near Megan G's a few years ago. Her only great stat was her streak of double doubles and she had to pull a Ricki Davis to keep it going.

I just looked at the list of the women who have won POY. imo, it seems like it goes to the best player on the best team. Gustafson seems to be an outlier, she was the best player, but she wasn't on the best team.

Coming from a casual observer, I think it is going to take a final four type team surrounding Clark, in order for her to win it.

Last edited:
To quote Jeff Walz, she should score that many points she shoots an incredible amount of shots. Sometimes great players on teams that are not ELITE, score and do a lot because of the supporting cast. Caitlin is a great player, but put her on UCONN, SC, Louisville, or Stanford and her numbers would not be what they are...she has to fit in with others who can play at an Elite level.

To quote Jeff Walz, she should score that many points she shoots an incredible amount of shots. Sometimes great players on teams that are not ELITE, score and do a lot because of the supporting cast. Caitlin is a great player, but put her on UCONN, SC, Louisville, or Stanford and her numbers would not be what they are...she has to fit in with others who can play at an Elite level.
Yawn

You have zero way of proving this. I HIGHLY doubt Caitlin would be just another player on any of these other teams.

You have zero way of proving this. I HIGHLY doubt Caitlin would be just another player on any of these other teams.
I don't but look at UCONN, look at South Carolina. You don't think those players on a team like Iowa would score more and rebound more. They are surrounded by top talent at every position and Carolina goes 12 deep. Caitlin would be an elite player but not required to score triple doubles...

Clark took the 3rd most shots of anyone in D1 basketball but was 136th in FG%. I have no dog in the fight for women's basketball because it's incredibly boring, but Clark's high scoring is due to taking bazillions of shots. That's not really debatable.

I don't but look at UCONN, look at South Carolina. You don't think those players on a team like Iowa would score more and rebound more. They are surrounded by top talent at every position and Carolina goes 12 deep. Caitlin would be an elite player but not required to score triple doubles...

She probably wouldn't have to put up 20 shots per game but I'm sure she would still take plenty of them. Caitlyn is a scorer putting her on a team like South Carolina or UConn wouldn't change that in her, it just may mean she doesn't force as much as she does at Iowa.

Clark took the 3rd most shots of anyone in D1 basketball but was 136th in FG%. I have no dog in the fight for women's basketball because it's incredibly boring, but Clark's high scoring is due to taking bazillions of shots. That's not really debatable.

It's not debatable but I wasn't arguing that. She's an elite player, put her on UConn or South Carolina and she's still be an elite player.

It's not debatable but I wasn't arguing that. She's an elite player, put her on UConn or South Carolina and she's still be an elite player.
My thing was more geared towards people thinking she was POY. That Boston lady was heads and tails statistically better in a tougher conference even though they play different positions.. I don't see a case being made for not giving it to her.

Clark is flashy no doubt, but she's in the 40 some percent range. Her flashy play came at the expense of some better shooters (Czinano led the country in FG%) and who knows what happens if she dishes the ball off more.

My thing was more geared towards people thinking she was POY. That Boston lady was heads and tails statistically better in a tougher conference even though they play different positions.. I don't see a case being made for not giving it to her.

Clark is flashy no doubt, but she's in the 40 some percent range. Her flashy play came at the expense of some better shooters (Czinano led the country in FG%) and who knows what happens if she dishes the ball off more.

She leads the nation in assists per game.

I don't have a fight in the POY thing as I don't watch any women's college basketball outside of the Hawkeyes.

Latest posts