Clark or Moeki?

iahawk20

The scenario is Iowa is playing for the national title today...both are healthy and you get to pick only one of them to play TE in the biggest game in Iowa history. Moeaki or Clark??

Lets keep this civil unlike a previous thread like this, afterall both are darn good!

Last edited:
Let's see Moeaki off the top of my head had two good games, arky state and Michigan. And has been injured the rest of his career. Dallas, basically single handily won us that Purdue game in 2002. I don't even think this is debatable, dallas all the way, maybe Cook vs Dallas is more of a comparison.

Dallas Clark...he always seems to fight and get those extra yards. The man just won't go down and every yard is important in big games. Who else can take a 5 yard out and go 90+ yards on our team?

I really want to pick Clark but I have to go with Moeaki....the reason being blocking ability, that makes the difference in the end for me. In the end, either would be okay with me!

Clark. This isn't even debatable. Tony Moeaki is a great player and I love how he put all his effort into being a Hawkeye, but I don't think he played to his potential this season and was basically a non factor in every game but Wisconsin and Michigan. And it's not like Clark is that bad of a blocker, sometimes when these guys are being compared it makes it sound like Clark is a horrible blocker and Moeaki is some godly bloker. Until Moeaki does what Clark has done at the next level, you have to go with Clark easily.

I really want to pick Clark but I have to go with Moeaki....the reason being blocking ability, that makes the difference in the end for me. In the end, either would be okay with me!

really??...Clark is a pretty good blocker in the NFL

The opening line to this hypothetical says BOTH ARE HEALTHY. Clark is a great great player. But I'll take Tony on blocking alone.

The opening line to this hypothetical says BOTH ARE HEALTHY. Clark is a great great player. But I'll take Tony on blocking alone.

Honestly the blocking disparity is not that great...Clark can block when asked to and his pass-catching big play ability far outweighs any small margin in blocking prowess that moeaki has if in fact he has one...just because coach says Moeaki is a great blocker he never said moeaki is a better blocker than Clark...

and you just pretty much defeated your own argument by saying Clark is a great great player...because when you have the choice between a great great player and an above average player you always take the great great player...

Dallas, and for me it is not even close. I love Moeaki, but Clark was holding his own on Sundays when he was supposed to be a Senior.

I'd take Dallas by a huge margin. If he couldn't block, which some are making it sound, he wouldn't make it in the NFL. If given the choice between a very good college tight end and a pro bowl NFL tight end, I'd take the pro bowler every time.

Moeaki. Sorry, Dallas. But had Moeaki been healthy for his entire career, I think the answers here would be vastly different. Tony is a much, much more complete TE, and a better overall athlete.

Dallas Clark has 93 receptions for 1054 yards and 10 TDs IN THE NFL this year.

Tony Moeaki has 26 receptions for 302 yards and 4 TDs in the Big Ten.

I don't understand how you compare them. You think that a little bit of blocking ability is worth 70 catches, 700 yards, and 6 or more touchdowns?! I don't care who the "better athlete" is, Dallas Clark will be more of a factor in a game than Moeaki.

Dallas Clark has 93 receptions for 1054 yards and 10 TDs IN THE NFL this year.

Tony Moeaki has 26 receptions for 302 yards and 4 TDs in the Big Ten.

I don't understand how you compare them. You think that a little bit of blocking ability is worth 70 catches, 700 yards, and 6 or more touchdowns?! I don't care who the "better athlete" is, Dallas Clark will be more of a factor in a game than Moeaki.

Clark just caught his 7th ball today...100 for the year

Latest posts