Clarification needed on Kelly

urohawk

Anybody know that if Kelly transferred back and started playing the second semester when could he actually start playing? Would it be as soon as 1st semester ends or when 2nd semester begins? Big difference in the number of games between these two. For instance, this year if he could have started playing as soon as 1st semester ends he could play in 8 more games including 5 Big Ten games.

I would think he could help if he could step on the court as soon as semester was over. Hope the team is good enough without him at PG to not lose any bad games to start the season and then when he comes back he provides at least quality backup at the PG and possibly much more. The other positive with Kelly is he gets you back on track more for scholarship distribution and would make it so 2 ships are open for 2011.

However if he misses 5 or 6 Big Ten games then I would rather have a PG who could play the whole year but maybe doesn't have as high a ceiling next year.

I believe the rule is 1 year removed from his current school.

What makes it cloudy (in my opinon) is that he is already enrolled and has attended class at ISU for the 2nd semester.

Im almost positive he wouldnt be eligible until 2nd semester classes at iowa began in 2011. That means he would miss about 4 or 5 big ten games depending on the schedule. Not 100% sure on this but pretty sure that is the rule.

Im almost positive he wouldnt be eligible until 2nd semester classes at iowa began in 2011. That means he would miss about 4 or 5 big ten games depending on the schedule. Not 100% sure on this but pretty sure that is the rule.

if this plays out, how much eligibility would he have left?

I am pretty sure mid year transfers become eligible the day the first semester classes get over. Him attending class at ISU already though is going to be a tricky issue like Stormin said.

small_Anybody%20Seen%20Kelly.JPG

Isn't this a random picture?

Yay Ghost!

The only scenario in which Jake could transfer somewhere and still have two full seasons to play is if (1) he gets a medical RS for this season (questionable) and (2) he obtains a second waiver of the requirement that he sit out a year before playing after transfer. The latter is unprecedented, as far as I know.