CJ's Health

DBAHawkFan

i was only able to catch the first half, but CJ doesn't look to be 100%

He looked very accurate though which is a big improvement from years past. I don't recall seeing a bad throw from him, and that bomb he connected on just as he was about to get smashed is why he won the job over Jake last year. Dude makes plays.

But

When he moved around the pocket, he seemed to be moving very slow. Was he wearing the brace? He did not have that agility that we saw beginning of last year, or in the Rose bowl

With the way our OL Pass blocks, he's not going to make it thru the year. I saw him take absolute shots this game, and what's going to happen against a team with a strong defense? Also, when the hell will we get an OL that can do more than run block? Teams have blitzed us to death and we can't figure it out

I know he said he's 100%, but sure looks like he's hobbled.

CJ is healthy. He didn't need to run so he didn't. No need to panic about the pass blocking. Some of it will be cleaned up by calling right protection, remember new center calling that, and improving technique. Sometimes the defense wins.

He's healthy, I think they intentionally kept his running plays out of the game because they were not needed. Against the clowns he might run all over them again because they can't stop him. All though Iowa might get a big 1st quarter lead again and choose not to.

Iowa's offensive line is great in both run and pass blocking. They are powerful, athletic and experience. So he can feel secure passing the ball. Iowa's powerful run game is also good because the defenders have to honor that before rushing him as he passes. I am not worried.

Yeah...the o-line was pretty impressive yesterday...aside from a few missed assignments. Put Mitchell in there on third down...geez, Daniel's completely whiffed on the flee flicker and Wadley dove at a guys ankles rather than take him on. Wadley isn't going to want to watch that film. That was embarrassing. Honestly, Mitchell looked great running the ball too and he's a proven blocker at 220. I'm not sure why you play the freshman ahead of him.

Don't see the freshman RB playing much going forward unless injuries.

Maybe CJ was being extra careful, and again I only saw the first half, but he looked very sluggish moving

Yeah...the o-line was pretty impressive yesterday...aside from a few missed assignments. Put Mitchell in there on third down...geez, Daniel's completely whiffed on the flee flicker and Wadley dove at a guys ankles rather than take him on. Wadley isn't going to want to watch that film. That was embarrassing. Honestly, Mitchell looked great running the ball too and he's a proven blocker at 220. I'm not sure why you play the freshman ahead of him.

I am a big Mitchell fan. Just solid all around. Wadley and Daniels will be the main attack, due to pure running ability, but DMX is an awesome option for 3rd down and filling in.

Latest posts