Cj

Healthy CJF is a stud.
Plays tough D, can rise in the lane & score and obviously outstanding perimeter shooter.
Watch some late December & early Jan games again. YouTube.

I'm more amazed he played at all the last 6-8 weeks. Unless you've been close to the action at that level, I can't imagine trying to compete w/ plantar fasc., or any leg injury.

Once healthy, he'll just get better, because he knows how to improve and what to improve on.
Right on the money.

We're going to see an unprecedented number of transfers in college basketball this off-season. People have to realize that's part of the sport now. No inside info, but it seems likely CJ would at least think hard about it. Three starters gone, a fourth one has an uncertain future due to major injuries....makes a lot of sense for him. Those guys were probably some of his closest friends on the team. Making the tournament is going to be an uphill grind for the Hawks next year, and he'll be a marked man as the lone shooter left on the team. Good looks won't be easy to come by.

I assume Kentucky will find a way to put a top 10 team on the court next year. And probably with some guys pretty good at breaking down the defense and finding an open shooter. If they wanted CJ to be part of it, wouldn't you almost expect him to jump at that opportunity?
No.

Kentucky is probably no better than fifth or sixth best program in that conference now that Mussleman and Oats are on watch.

Losing teammates/close friends to graduation is part of college sports life. I'm sure he has other close friends on the team.

We have others besides CJ who can shoot, even if not necessarily from three point range. See Keegan and Patrick for starters.

We have players who are capable of breaking down a defense and finding open shooters. They will get more minutes next year.

No.

Kentucky is probably no better than fifth or sixth best program in that conference now that Mussleman and Oats are on watch.

Losing teammates/close friends to graduation is part of college sports life. I'm sure he has other close friends on the team.

We have others besides CJ who can shoot, even if not necessarily from three point range. See Keegan and Patrick for starters.

We have players who are capable of breaking down a defense and finding open shooters. They will get more minutes next year.
Kentucky won the SEC last year before having a downturn this season. John Calipari makes more than $9 million a year, is ultra competitive, and has proven to be extremely "resourceful" when it comes to collecting talent. Like I said, no inside info here, but fans need to get used to the fact that a lot of guys are going to be transferring (like we've never seen before). And some of these guys will probably be from Iowa in future years, and it doesn't need to be an indictment on Fran, the school or Iowa City.

Latest posts