CJ Told To Take Fewer Chances

I don't really recall CJ taking that many "chances" last year when he played. Maybe a few, but mostly I saw him make the throws he could.

This is one thing that does bother me about KF's conservative influence. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing scenario. You can take shots without making risky throws...if you have the QBwith the arm. Accuracy is a bonus but even without great accuracy, you can have routes and plays that lean toward putting a ball in an area that the WR has a chance, but if not, limits the chance of turnover.

I am more nervous about our offense than in a very long time, and outside of OT, it's not the talent that has me nervous. Good coaches can "playcall" a receiver open....there are teams with less talent than Iowa that do it very well.

I don't really recall CJ taking that many "chances" last year when he played. Maybe a few, but mostly I saw him make the throws he could.

This is one thing that does bother me about KF's conservative influence. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing scenario. You can take shots without making risky throws...if you have the QBwith the arm. Accuracy is a bonus but even without great accuracy, you can have routes and plays that lean toward putting a ball in an area that the WR has a chance, but if not, limits the chance of turnover.

I am more nervous about our offense than in a very long time, and outside of OT, it's not the talent that has me nervous. Good coaches can "playcall" a receiver open....there are teams with less talent than Iowa that do it very well.

ISU receivers routinely get open against us.

nobody wants turnovers, obviously. But I would rather see this team go for the kill in more situations than take the safe check down so we can punt it on the 50 yard line

Latest posts