CJ is the best QB Ever!

I never said Rudock was a great qb , but he gets so much blame. Majority of Iowa fans always think the next QB is always better and he'll save the team.

Well, we'll never know how it would have worked out if he had started all year but he DID save the team in his only chance in the Pitt game. JR had a bad first half and we were down 10 and CJ played well in the 2nd half and won the game. Too bad he didn't get a chance in any of the other games.

Don’t take our word for it. Just listen to Spielman, Millen, Galloway, Podolak, etc etc etc

Podolak did say on Sound Off tonight that he hopes CJ does not transfer because he may be the most talented QB he has seen since he has been at Iowa. I think that says a lot.

Man, I wish CJ would've started all year long he is the best QB in Iowa history. We would've gone undefeated and be in the playoff picture. Rudock is always the reason we lose and nobody else is to blame! It was Rudock's fault for the punt coverage today too and the play calling! CJ will win the Heisman his senior season. Easily the most talented player I have ever seen play for Iowa ever!

Ya actually if Rudock doesnt over throw Powell down the middle, Iowa wins...

I think you're being overly sensitive. Or you haven't spent much time reading these boards. You may have missed the 100s of threads blaming Greg Davis or Kirk Ferentz. It's Kirk Ferentz's job to decide who plays QB. I don't think anyone has blamed Jake Rudock for going into the game when the coach tells him to.

No, they don't blame Jake for going into the game when the coach tells him to. But they sure rip on his performance. Every game, regardless of his performance. And then there's always many who tell us how much better CJ would be. Every game, regardless of Jake's performance. They may be right, but anyone who has played and/or coached knows that playing time in the game is earned in practice... and none of us attend practices.

Yeah, and if Powell doesn't fumble or our punt coverage is better or ..... lots of plays we can do the "what if" stuff.

Im sorry but we're talking about Rudock so I gave an example where he had an opportunity to close the game. Which was relevant to the topic.

Go Kohawks.

On a side note, I think the in-game threads asking about when do we think we'll see CJ (as much as it should happen), should stop. Outside of CJ transferring or an injury, the answer will be 2016.

No, they don't blame Jake for going into the game when the coach tells him to. But they sure rip on his performance. Every game, regardless of his performance. And then there's always many who tell us how much better CJ would be. Every game, regardless of Jake's performance. They may be right, but anyone who has played and/or coached knows that playing time in the game is earned in practice... and none of us attend practices.

Practice? Practice is done to prepare for games, and JR hasn't looked very good vs the better teams. If you can't get it done in the game nothing else matters. When CJ came in and saved the game vs Pitt that alone should have given him opportunities when JR wasn't getting it done.

For whatever reason Ferentz flat out wasn't going to play CJ unless it was mop up duty or he was forced when JR was hurt. This practice garbage is a feeble excuse that Ferentz trotted out when CJ came in and played well and he knew that fans were going to want crazy things like putting the best talent on the field.

If JR is really so great in practice, he should declare for the draft. He won't ever play but teams will fight to get him on their practice squad. ;);););)

Being critical of how Jake performs at QB is fair game. Wishing him injury and questioning his character, is not. And I don't think anyone here is doing that.
Believe me, I'd jump at the opportunity to start an Iowa game at QB. I would not perform well. I would fully expect to have my performance criticized. I would be booed unmercifully. I'd also expect people to take KF to task for starting me. And rightly so.
To quote KF......that's football.

Man, I wish CJ would've started all year long he is the best QB in Iowa history. We would've gone undefeated and be in the playoff picture. Rudock is always the reason we lose and nobody else is to blame! It was Rudock's fault for the punt coverage today too and the play calling! CJ will win the Heisman his senior season. Easily the most talented player I have ever seen play for Iowa ever!

Do you want to become Iowa State? Because blind faith and support for your coach/players despite their on the field performance, and sarcastic punishment of those that call for changes when they are needed is how you become Iowa State.

Well, we'll never know how it would have worked out if he had started all year but he DID save the team in his only chance in the Pitt game. JR had a bad first half and we were down 10 and CJ played well in the 2nd half and won the game. Too bad he didn't get a chance in any of the other games.
Against Pitt, one half against pitt doesn't make you a great Qb! Isnt that game Powell drop a ball from Rudock fliped it up to a defender for pick? Yea i remember that. Then Jake is 6/10 that half with over 100 yards and maybe 2 td's. I guess that was a bad half;)

Do you want to become Iowa State? Because blind faith and support for your coach/players despite their on the field performance, and sarcastic punishment of those that call for changes when they are needed is how you become Iowa State.
I was making fun of the people who think it's all Rudock's fault and think CJ is much better without barely seeing him play. I forgot everybody who post on this website would be a way better coach than KF, My bad.

Against Pitt, one half against pitt doesn't make you a great Qb! Isnt that game Powell drop a ball from Rudock fliped it up to a defender for pick? Yea i remember that. Then Jake is 6/10 that half with over 100 yards and maybe 2 td's. I guess that was a bad half;)

Judging by your poor grammer and spelling I assume you are either drunk or a bad troll. Either way, you are not remembering correctly. In that game JR was 5-10 for 80 yards with an 8 yard per reception average. CJ was 7-8 with 98 yards with a 12.3 yard per completion average.

You are right that one good half doesn't make a great qb, but a season of poor performance makes a bad one. It's a shame that CJ doesn't get a chance to play on days like today when JR doesn't see wide open receivers and when he does see one running all by himself for a would be touchdown that very well might have sealed the victory he was unable to hit him.

I was making fun of the people who think it's all Rudock's fault and think CJ is much better without barely seeing him play. I forgot everybody who post on this website would be a way better coach than KF, My bad.

See there you go again, being sarcastic.

• Sarcasm: the last defence of the truly witless
    • John G. Pollard, Letters (1981)

Latest posts