CJ Beathard is OURS!

Two thoughts.

One with input (assumed) from an NFL GM Iowa is deemed a good fit for his grandson.
Two no Vandy offer for a Nashville QB has me going.....why? With Vandy it could be purely grades or maybe they a stacked at the position.

He looks like a good fit for our system and has some potential but needs size. Will not be seen by Sokol and Jake as an immediate threat but could become very good by the time he's an upperclassman,

Debby strikes again. SHE WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

Two thoughts.

One with input (assumed) from an NFL GM Iowa is deemed a good fit for his grandson.
Two no Vandy offer for a Nashville QB has me going.....why? With Vandy it could be purely grades or maybe they a stacked at the position.

He looks like a good fit for our system and has some potential but needs size. Will not be seen by Sokol and Jake as an immediate threat but could become very good by the time he's an upperclassman,

Vandy signed 2 QBs last year and 1 this year. 4 in 2 years would be a lot, I think.

He was 48 lbs but carried the weight of the United State of Iowa on his dang shoulders supported by that 48 lb frame.

Does that answer yer dang query?

What the dang? Tex...son...what's going on underneath that ten gallon hat? That didn't answer anything.An upside down question mark sticker fer yer dang helmet. ¿

A write-up on CJ from ESPN (keep in mind this was written when they thought he was going to an SEC school) ;)

Position: QB
Pos. Rank: #33
Grade: 79
College: MISS

Beathard is without question flying under the radar in comparison to other prospects who are considered to be top guys in this class. He has good height, the frame to develop strength and bulk and displays an impressive vertical passing arm. Beathard is well groomed, polished and very accurate and we like how this scheme moves him from under center back to the shotgun and moves the launch point from time-to-time. Drops are smooth and quick, and his set up is balanced. He has deceptively good arm strength. He can drive the ball downfield and really lays it over the shoulder consistently. Throws the deep ball with good velocity and also gets great RPMs on deep-out routes. Is capable of throwing on the run when rolling both to the right and left. Puts good touch on the deep ball. Can drop the ball in between the safeties and linebackers. He has a smooth, consistent release and shows the ability to take speed off his underneath throws. Does a good job in terms of his play-fakes. Will freeze linebackers and ball-handling buys him extra time which makes him dangerous going through his progressions. Can beat the rush with his delivery. His timing is excellent and he can deliver the deep comeback on a regular basis. Beathard is just good enough of an athlete to buy time and sidestep the rush, but he needs to be on time and protected to maximize his strengths. He is a thrower, not a runner and will not make many plays with his legs aside from buying some time. His delivery is quick and over-the-top, but can be a bit quirky at times; nothing alarming. We like this kid and he has a chance to be a late-bloomer with high end upside. Has natural skills, arm talent and timing in the passing game.

Wonder what position this guy will end up moving to? He won't see the field or have a chance to see the field for at least another 3 years. There are upper classmen ahead of them and we all know they will play before an underclassman.

Wonder what position this guy will end up moving to? He won't see the field or have a chance to see the field for at least another 3 years. There are upper classmen ahead of them and we all know they will play before an underclassman.

Poor creativity and lack of original thought. I give your troll work a 2. Try again later clown fan.

Yeah, he'll never get on the field because of guys being drafted ahead of him.

Signed,

Ricky Stanzi

I don't know if CJ will beat out Rudock or not, but based on watching both videos I would say CJ has a little more experience under center than Rudock did. Rudock, even though classified as a pro-style passer, did a lot of his work in HS in the shotgun, much like Vandenberg. CJ's video shows him doing a lot of his work from under center. I think had Rudock and CJ been in the same class, CJ may have the upper hand in taking the starting position when it's their time. Being that Rudock has a year extra in our system however, Rudock probably has more of an advantage. It will be interesting to watch the QB battle in 2013.

NewMex: Here is the concept. Have two qbs in case the starter gets hurt. It does happen. Check the Bears record after Jay Cutler went down....1-5.
Look at Purdue the last 3 years. They lost Marve,they lost Rob Henry, they lost Marve again...Taebrink was an afterthought,and ended up starting 11 games this year.

Saw Beathard play six, seven times in 2011-12. Most of you don't realize who you just got. You got Joe Namath minus the Broadway Joe. Only I dissagree with the two scouting reports I've read about his running ability. He's quick & extremely deceptive and he's got some ups too. Hawkeyes, get ready, you just had a sensational QB fall right in your lap and you don't even know it.

Saw Beathard play six, seven times in 2011-12. Most of you don't realize who you just got. You got Joe Namath minus the Broadway Joe. Only I dissagree with the two scouting reports I've read about his running ability. He's quick & extremely deceptive and he's got some ups too. Hawkeyes, get ready, you just had a sensational QB fall right in your lap and you don't even know it.

I hope your right CaliforniaBlue, thanks for the input

I hope you're right . By the way, are you his father or mother? :)

Does he have Joe's knees?

If he is as good as you say, imagine how good he will be after sitting behind Jake Rudock for a couple a years. It will be like Steve Young sitting behind Joe Montana.

Latest posts